+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: After Arter

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Not sure Brunt is a replacement, done nothing to impress me very poor compared to Vincent who is needed to add energy to the side.
    Agree about Brunt (talks a good game if you saw his first interview). I do wonder whether we have to pay all his wages if he doesn’t play. I think we should take the hit.
    I would have liked Arter to remain even if only In the squad to keep our options open for the playoffs.
    Vincent puts a shift in but is a bit lightweight and generally doesn’t achieve a lot. I am surprised that with the squad rotation he has not had at least a couple of extra games.

I feel a bit for Brunt tbh. All accounts said he did very well as a number ten for Southend, but he’s never going to get a game there with Rodrigues around, who is the best player in that position in the division. Without mentioning Roberts as well who is also ahead of him for his favoured kind of role.

He’s not done much when he has played, but it’s generally been deeper in midfield where he looks too lightweight to make much of an impact. I wonder whether he was signed in anticipation of Ruben or Cal being sold in Jan, and what could’ve been a great piece of planning has turned out to be a bit of a mess for everyone involved.

I can see what you are you are saying Jacob but that means there is no place for him now. He did have some good reviews. Who knows, he might be star man in one of our last few matches.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I was thinking this (regarding not knowing our best team/players) the other day. It is reminiscent of, dare I say it, Neal Ardleys final days when he couldn’t get the same 11 to perform consistently for more than two or three games before succumbing to a really poor performance, and then the tinkering would start all over again….and wash, rinse, repeat. It’s frustrating that we find ourselves in the same situation now, 12 months on.

Didn’t Neal say something along the lines of he had never had to coach and shout from the sidelines as much as he did at that team?

I don’t particularly want to open a can of worms as I feel the owners have done a fantastic job, but is (like some have mentioned on here already) what we see on the pitch their philosophy rather than Neals or Ian’s? It would explain some of the difficulty both managers have experienced. When Neal first arrived he stated he was going to employ a direct style of play….which went straight out of the window when the new owners arrived. I can’t remember how Solihull play this season.

What I mean is, how can a manager get the best of a squad using a system he doesn’t 100% agree with (if this is the case at all). When IB first arrived we did play quick, high pressing, and exciting football…he’s veered slightly away from it this season, which has been my biggest disappointment.
    Personally I don’t think he’s veered away from it but that recent opposition and I can only judge from home performances have dictated it. We were excellent against Stockport, Wrexham and Halifax because they came and had a go as did Barnet which probably wasn’t wise with their ability. Hopefully altrincham and Maidenhead will have a go at us because if we make the playoffs we do need to be tested more before.

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516