+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Management team confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    McCann
    Care to elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Care to elaborate?
    Think its possibility fell through.

Paul Hartley away back to Cove Rangers I see …..

I am happy to see Hartley out of the equation to be honest.

I wouldn't mind seeing either Kevin Thomson or Jim McIntyre but one thing we do need is a relatively mid-long term plan rather than appointing someone for a year and starting from scratch again and again (which I understand for a club like us is hard to avoid).

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    I am happy to see Hartley out of the equation to be honest.

I wouldn't mind seeing either Kevin Thomson or Jim McIntyre but one thing we do need is a relatively mid-long term plan rather than appointing someone for a year and starting from scratch again and again (which I understand for a club like us is hard to avoid).
    Therein lies the inherent issue. We appoint a manager who's both inspirational and a success some other bigger club will step in and whip them away.

I’m beginning to wonder if the money available to the next manager ( pay & budget ) is an issue.

That's football Spike, -in fact that's life in general, - but you can't do 'nothing' just in case a bigger club comes along!

Queen's must appoint an inspirational manager and hopefully not only benefit from his knowledge and experience, - but also financially from him being taken from us.

Then we can look at repeating the process, - or having someone to step into the shoes of the inspirational one - having learned from him.

It's a case of thinking creatively.

I think that is where role's like the director of football etc actually come into play, although sometimes I feel they can be pointless. For a club like ours there needs to be a clear blueprint of what we are looking for and managers are then appointed ideally based on that mould so we can keep building on the success and that the players that are brought in are actually kept opposed to dismantling the team to suit a manager. They will obviously want to bring in their own players at times but perhaps this sort of model is something we need to look at.

It is pointless going from a Pep Guardiola to a Steve Bruce to a Klopp to a Yogi Hughes and back again. There needs to be consistency and that is the Boards responsibility!

Was really hoping we would have a manager in place by this weekend. Wonder what the hold up is !!

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Was really hoping we would have a manager in place by this weekend. Wonder what the hold up is !!
    Maybe nobody fancies the gig?Knowing that there is such a huge challenge ahead.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)