+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Retained list.

Quote Originally Posted by ShropshireAlex View Post
    So Travis Johnson's offer withdrawn - they're not messing around with timetables this year!

Interesting as he's only 21 so they must think the compensation they'd get if he signed with an offer still on the table would not be worth the hassle!
    I think incidents like this do highlight the problems with the academy model nowadays not the first player to cost the club money when you think how much it has cost the club to get him to this point and then he leaves for nothing, however to counter balance that he was rank average at best and I was hugely disappointed that he was not on the release list along with several others who are hanging around the club like a bad smell Finney, Griffiths, Ainley to name 3, another player heading out of the door is Connor Salisbury who has also refused a contract offer.

I agree Gazan, there was no end product to his attacking runs unlike Perry. We hopefully won't miss him that much.

Feel the same about Connor Salisbury. There's been a lot of talk about him but whenever I've seen him, his main asset is his running. The outcomes of this running has been more Kashket than Long. I'd be happy to hear that he has other talents.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    I agree Gazan, there was no end product to his attacking runs unlike Perry. We hopefully won't miss him that much.
    If memory serves, Perry wasn't brilliant when he first got in the team. Personally I am disappointed Johnson is leaving because I thought he was decent. Learning, obviously. But that is what they are in the team to do and I think he would have been a good player in League 2. That is not to say I don't have faith in the manager

I do think he was sort of decent and would certainly survive L2. I just wonder about the circumstances surrounding the withdrawal of contract. Hoping it wasn't another 'mini-contract issue'.

So Connor Salisbury is the odd one out. Interesting! I wonder why. I've only seen him on about 4 occasions and on each one he just chased a lot without actually producing anything. Of course, that may not have been his fault, he may be a finisher rather than the lone up front holder of the ball. It would be nice to hear from anyone who has seen him more often to let us know what his strengths are.
    Whatever, his lack of signing means we need at least 2 out and out strikers to come in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12