+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Former Don Signs On

Former Don Signs On

Willie Garner has joined the board.

I think that’s good news.

Good lad Willie.

Every time we bump into each other I tell him his greatest feat was winning the Highland League Cup as player-manager of Keith in 1988 (3-2 in a replay against those ****ing Mason huns, after a 1-1 draw). He agrees out of politeness.

Fact: when we sold him to the green establishment, he scored two own goals on his debut v St Mirren. He’s still too big to remind him of that.

My link is that the night he broke in leg in Europe.

Ach, it’s a nurses party story, I’ll tell you in the Lumpie next week.

I like his no-nonsense, but astute, football comments on the PPV games … he tells it how it is, especially on the glaring defensive issues and telling Ramirez to stay “up the park”.

“Up the Park” Willie, is how I’ll dub him and I think he’ll add something, so get the f*** up the park, Dandies, and stop fanny*** around at the back!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I like his no-nonsense, but astute, football comments on the PPV games … he tells it how it is, especially on the glaring defensive issues and telling Ramirez to stay “up the park”.

“Up the Park” Willie, is how I’ll dub him and I think he’ll add something, so get the f*** up the park, Dandies, and stop fanny*** around at the back!
    Aye he’s decent on there , I think it was the Ross County game last one I saw and he was clearly getting pissed off with what he was watching.

He was in some club rôle, it seemed, when the Fergie statue thing was on, and the interview with him on Red TV was articulate and honest, and a welcome change from the usual, “We’ll work harder in training, obviously, and we’ll obviously be hoping to win on Saturday. Obviously, Motherwell work hard, and we’ll have to match that, obviously” etc etc etc Zzzzz

https://redtv.afc.co.uk/video/6781