+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Barnsley Fc transfer news, 2022-23

Rumours that Sunderland boss Alex Neil was at Oakwell last night and looking to bring Mads Andersen to the SOL , it's understood The Black Cats made a bid last January when they were in league one but couldn't afford the £2m asking price at that point .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Rumours that Sunderland boss Alex Neil was at Oakwell last night and looking to bring Mads Andersen to the SOL , it's understood The Black Cats made a bid last January when they were in league one but couldn't afford the £2m asking price at that point .
    Not sure about that one Animal as I read earlier where someone was suggesting he was looking at Styles but personally the fact that he was in the area with Sunderland preparing for tonights match at Sheff Utd might mean that he was just taking a match in at his old club , who knows !

What will be will be.

Let's get any player who wants out quickly if it helps finances so the club can consolidate and hopefully strengthen before the month ends.

All down to Chien & Conway for the position they have left us in.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Not sure about that one Animal as I read earlier where someone was suggesting he was looking at Styles but personally the fact that he was in the area with Sunderland preparing for tonights match at Sheff Utd might mean that he was just taking a match in at his old club , who knows !
    Rumour has come from the North East Shad but obviously unsubstantiated at present .

Bids will be taken for any of our players, especially when the window is about to close at the end of August.

Otherwise we could be looking at the unthinkable--the owners putting some money in from their own pockets, and not just to buy further shares like earlier in the summer.

That will not be allowed to happen.

BARNSLEY head coach Michael Duff is preparing himself for some late window business next week as the Reds seek to finalise their summer recruitment with a couple of key additions.

Duff has confirmed that he has spoken to a host of transfer targets, but nothing is likely to be finalised until the last week of trading with the window closing at 11pm on September 1.
    He said: “I think we are probably going to go into the last week.

“If I sat and talked about every player we have spoken to, we’d be sat here for a long, long time.

“They (recruitment department) are working hard, I can assure people of that. I know it is an easy one where people go: ‘We have not signed a player, so no-one is doing anything.’
    “It’s not through a lack of trying. Lots of factors need to fall into place for any transfer to happen. At the minute, we are not quite in there. But I don’t think we are massively short anyway.

“We are short in a couple of positions, but it is not like we need to bring in seven or eight players and can’t field a team.”
    Meanwhile, Duff says that letting some fringe players leave the club to boost their game-time levels is a possibility.
    “That’s something that obviously we need to (consider),” the Reds chief added.

“As the window draws to a close, it might not be where we are actually at in terms of squad and balance and where we need cover – but feel it is more beneficial for people to either play elsewhere as they are not going to be involved here or the younger ones where a loan is more important.

“A few have probably gone past (under) 23’s football such as Jasper Moon and people like that. At the minute, he is still part of it.
    “But we want to do the right thing by the players as well and don’t want to just collect players and hoard them.

“Experience and exposure is what they need.”

Yorkshire Post.

Barnsley Chronicle.

Leicester City’s attacking midfielder Callum Wright is someone the Reds are understood to be interested in, most likely for a season-long loan.

Wright, 22, spent time in the academies of Tranmere, Everton and Blackburn before joining Leicester in 2018.

His only senior appearances have come under Duff during two loans to Cheltenham Town. He helped them win the League Two title after arriving in January last year then scoring four goals in 17 games. He returned last season in League One and registered nine goals and five assists in 28 games.

Duff said: “He’s a good player, a goal-scoring midfielder. But if I sat and talked to you about every player we’ve spoken to, we would be sat here for a long long time. I know him well. He’s been brilliant for me before but he’s one of many many phonecalls we have had.”

Barnsley look likely to sell some of their star players in the remainder of the window. Michal Helik – who has not played yet this season due to injury but could be available from next week – and Callum Styles, who has started every game, have both been expected to be sold. Duff said on Wednesday there have been no new bids for anyone.

Reports in Poland claim that Helik has turned down a move to Lech Poznan.

Captain Mads Andersen is also thought to be of interest to other clubs.

Could Helik’s injury impact the chances of a move? Duff said: “I wouldn’t have thought so. It’s just a little niggle. If anyone wants to buy a good player, which he is, it won’t affect it one way or the other. Whether it happens or not I don’t know.”

The Reds could move on players who are not in Duff’s plans, such as Belgian striker Aaron Leya Iseka, as well as younger players who may be given gametime on loan at lower league clubs.

Duff said: “As the window draws to a close, we need to find out where we’re at in terms of the squad balance and cover.

“There might be situations where we feel it’s more beneficial for players to either play elsewhere because they are not going to be involved here or for the younger ones a loan is more important. A few of them have gone past 23s football like Jasper Moon. At the minute he’s still part of it. But we need to do the right thing by the players, not just collect and hoard them. Experience and exposure is what they need. Once we get the players we want in, there might be a domino effect for other players here.”

The under 23s have had former Stoke City goalkeeper Paul Cooper and Peter Thomas – who played for Rochdale aged 15 and is now 17 – on trial.

On the face of it if we can land Wright he would be a valuable addition & reading between the lines it is clear that Iseka is trying to engineer a move away because if he wanted to stay he would be fighting for a place & by Duffs comments this is not happening .

Fire sale ends 31st august bargains to be had everything must go 🚾🚾🚾

Quote Originally Posted by GRASS SOD View Post
    Fire sale ends 31st august bargains to be had everything must go ������
    To be honest I expect another couple to go but so far there has been no fire sale , we all new & the club have made no secret of the fact that after relegation then the books would have to be balanced , we shall see but what will be will be

Page 36 of 52 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast