+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else concerned ?

Anyone else concerned ?

…… cos I am.
    Nothing at all being said about bringing in more physical strength in attack.
    If we don’t - then we are in for a long hard season.

Duff has said we are short of strikers with physical strength.
    Against Wycombe it was plain to see - we absolutely dominated that game up to them scoring.
    But as soon as the ball was played forward our strikers were easily levered off the ball by their defenders.

One thing that Darren Moore has done at Sheffield Wednesday - is make that team a big strong physical side.
    As things stand - Sheffield Wednesday v Barnsley is men against boys.

If we don’t get those strikers in by end of play tomorrow then questions have to be asked:
    1) Khaled came with a fanfare - saying he had links to football around the world including Scandinavian clubs and South American clubs.
    Where are the players from those areas?
    Why hasn’t Khaled managed to bring the type of players in that are clearly needed ?

2) Have the club owners decided not to support the club financially?
    If they have - and this will be revealed by the end of the transfer window - then the supporters will eventually do the same.

Nudge's Ban is lifted !

A great success for the "Free the Nudge One" Campaign

1) The club is skint Nudge

2) Not a penny has been invested personally by these owners since they arrived. They haven't even paid a penny from their own pockets to buy the club yet. The first instalment of £750K to purchase the club was taken from the club accounts, no matter how it was dressed up. (The recent £1 million was to buy shares).
    Last edited by SBRed48; 31-08-2022 at 04:07 PM.

I've done debating with the club's sycophants YN , it's like debating with the liberal left ......... Forget about it .

You've known my position for some time about the current board including The Crynes .

This club isn't going anywhere until new ownership arrive who want to progress it and aren't afraid of investing some funds of their own in to the project .

Welcome to League One it's the new 80's and 90's Second division .

Nowt no surer .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Nudge's Ban is lifted !

A great success for the "Free the Nudge One" Campaign

1) The club is skint Nudge

2) Not a penny has been invested personally by these owners since they arrived. They haven't even paid a penny from their own pockets to buy the club yet. The first instalment of £750K to purchase the club was taken from the club accounts, no matter how it was dressed up. (The recent £1 million was to buy shares).
    Yer could well be very much right.
    Proof is in the pudding.
    That pudding will be served up at 11 pm Thursday neet.

I’ve a film now playing out in my head.
    Carson the butler in Downtown Abby walking into the kitchen and asking the cook “is the pudding nearly ready”.
    And the cook looking bemused “no one told me about a pudding”.

Am concerned anorl mi 🥕 carrots only hafe size as last years 🤔 , needed moor grit sand arr reccun , saw thi in Hotten Nudge at Davids on thi 🚴 , ope tha goowin to behave thissen nar on ere , and thi ankle tags took off soowin 😉

I think its gone way beyond us feeling 'concerned' now, with whats apparently happening, or not happening on the transfer front.
    An attack minded player has been signed today, but hes not our priority because we need a number 9 type striker/poacher who can score goals.
    And now theres suggestions of yet another Burnley midfielder, surely that can't be right.

If Duff were to walk away from this fiasco right now, Id shake his hand and wish him well. Because he and we as fans, deserves much better than this. 😡

Av bin concerned since midway through last season. I tipped a double relegation if Conway had remained pulling the strings. We'd have appointed another foreign no mark as head coach which would've killed us.

As things are, we appointed Duff- a coach with experience of the lower leagues and signed a load of free transfers. Wiss be reight, mid table but best be careful.

On the striker front- it's obvious what we need. Whether the people running the club are prepared to back our head coach is another thing. It dunt look good on that score.

We'll gamble on a young un frum Premier league on loan imo. If it comes off then great- we could get another Ashley Fletcher type. On other hand, we could end up wi another Ike Ugbo. Al seh ne mooar.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Am concerned anorl mi 🥕 carrots only hafe size as last years 🤔 , needed moor grit sand arr reccun , saw thi in Hotten Nudge at Davids on thi 🚴 , ope tha goowin to behave thissen nar on ere , and thi ankle tags took off soowin 😉
    Niver been to Hotten.
    Once tha’s seen mi - I’m hard to forget.
    I could never be a burglar.

As for behaving mi sen.
    I’ve always behaved mi sen on here.
    Me and thee has had some fallings out - but that’s watter under the bridge.

Obviously Acido still hates me - for no reason.
    Hell knows why he banned me.
    And how come everyone on here seems to know about it.

I got banned off the BBS for reportedly being a racist.
    That claim is serious but absurd - I was trying to have a grown up conversation about race.
    Basically because I have experienced terrible race issues first hand - my sister in law is Indian and my daughter in law is Bangladeshi.
    I spoke to Gally in the Fan Zone at the Wycombe game and he says he didn’t ban me.

However however however …… the BBS ban pales into insignificance in comparison to the reasons I was banned off here.
    That reason being ……..
    I’M A FAN OF ……… BRIAN ENO.
    Yes that’s right - the musician Brian Eno.

On the recent Jukebox thread I posted two links to what I believe to be two brilliant tracks from Brian Eno.
    The first link was Deep Blue Day which featured in the film Trainspotting. When he dives into the toilet to retrieve his drugs.
    The 2nd link was Another Green World that is the title music of the TV program Arena.

I honestly didn’t think Brian Eno was a banning issue.
    Am I still able to use his name ?
    Last edited by Young_Nudger; 31-08-2022 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Niver been to Hotten.
    Once tha’s seen mi - I’m hard to forget.
    I could never be a burglar.

As for behaving mi sen.
    I’ve always behaved mi sen on here.
    Me and thee has had some fallings out - but that’s watter under the bridge.

Obviously Acido still hates me - for no reason.
    Hell knows why he banned me.
    And how come everyone on here seems to know about it.

I got banned off the BBS for reportedly being a racist.
    That claim is serious but absurd - I was trying to have a grown up conversation about race.
    Basically because I have experienced terrible race issues first hand - my sister in law is Indian and my daughter in law is Bangladeshi.
    I spoke to Gally in the Fan Zone at the Wycombe game and he says he didn’t ban me.

However however however …… the BBS ban pales into insignificance in comparison to the reasons I was banned off here.
    That reason being ……..
    I’M A FAN OF ……… BRIAN ENO.
    Yes that’s right - the musician Brian Eno.

On the recent Jukebox thread I posted two links to what I believe to be two brilliant tracks from Brian Eno.
    The first link was Deep Blue Day which featured in the film Trainspotting. When he dives into the toilet to retrieve his drugs.
    The 2nd link was Another Green World that is the title music of the TV program Arena.

I honestly didn’t think Brian Eno was a banning issue.
    Am I still able to use his name ?
    Correction Nudge. I didn't know you'd been banned and was getting a bit concerned for your welfare.
    As regards Brian Eno, he's done some good work in the background with U2 I believe but I'm not so fond of his own personal recordings. It's clear to me that you're not a racist.
    Yes, we need a big lad up front at least, Tedic himself may be a small part of the answer; he can't do it all on his own.

Haha 😆, remember the good old days when this board wasn't just all about one particular sad attention seeking individual ?.
    Welcome once again to Nudger Mad.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast