+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Thread needs closing, its WAY past its sell by date. Just pages of drivel, people arguing, mixed with the odd bit of news. Who wants to dip onto the forum, looking for news and wade through pages of general chat amongst half a dozen regulars? It's seriously spoiling the forum. Needs sorting.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Thread needs closing, its WAY past its sell by date. Just pages of drivel, people arguing, mixed with the odd bit of news. Who wants to dip onto the forum, looking for news and wade through pages of general chat amongst half a dozen regulars? It's seriously spoiling the forum. Needs sorting.
    What's your suggestion then? The alternative is to have a new post every time a new incoming rumour is in the air and then you end up with 50 posts to sort through. You can always use the function to just view the latest post that you haven't read on a thread to save any trawling through old stuff.

Tizer today saying we're not after S Humphreys, Osula or Stockton. Grabban no to returning here. Warney wants to bring in a youngster with second tier experience on loan. He sees Chieo as more of a striker. Me only as an emergency striker he's a winger.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliosphan View Post
    Speak for yourself fella, this is a very interesting read. Why would any thread need closing? Why would anyone benefit if this thread was closed?

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Worst case 10 yeah..think the line was 8-10..
    Good news he doesn’t need surgery

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Tizer today saying we're not after S Humphreys, Osula or Stockton. Grabban no to returning here. Warney wants to bring in a youngster with second tier experience on loan. He sees Chieo as more of a striker. Me only as an emergency striker he's a winger.
    Seems strange to me, we have spent weeks and weeks working on bringing in a striker, we get a set back on Warnes choice, his second choice we don't even know if his parent club will let him go and PW says ALL OTHER options are not good enough. Our focus moves to a Wing Back (understand why this is a priority). However watching us at preston it was clear that we need both, why is it now one or the other, or it appears to be that? Imagine you work in recruitment and you are told day after day how important a striker is, there is one issue and all of a sudden it is stop that and do this instead, must be quite frustrating.
    Is PW comment about none of the other strikers being good enough and dig at TS? What he could mean is none that TS is willing to fund are good enough, and to get one that is we need a higher budget. Same with the switch to a WB rather than a Striker, is that PW letting the fans know he isn't being backed correctly? He doesn't seem like the kind of man that would openly criticise TS but he is smart enough to make comments that imply a lack of support. All speculation, but this is a discussion and rumour board so something to consider and discuss

Gru you never cease to amaze Ogbene has 3 goals already and you want him back as a winger! Leave him where he is I say especially if no other striker is signed if it’s good enough for Ireland it’s good enough for us his delivery when playing as a winger is poor leave him up front with licence to go wide if needed

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Seems strange to me, we have spent weeks and weeks working on bringing in a striker, we get a set back on Warnes choice, his second choice we don't even know if his parent club will let him go and PW says ALL OTHER options are not good enough. Our focus moves to a Wing Back (understand why this is a priority). However watching us at preston it was clear that we need both, why is it now one or the other, or it appears to be that? Imagine you work in recruitment and you are told day after day how important a striker is, there is one issue and all of a sudden it is stop that and do this instead, must be quite frustrating.
    Is PW comment about none of the other strikers being good enough and dig at TS? What he could mean is none that TS is willing to fund are good enough, and to get one that is we need a higher budget. Same with the switch to a WB rather than a Striker, is that PW letting the fans know he isn't being backed correctly? He doesn't seem like the kind of man that would openly criticise TS but he is smart enough to make comments that imply a lack of support. All speculation, but this is a discussion and rumour board so something to consider and discuss

Telling us we aren't going to sign anyone permanent. I'd like to see Harding playing in his best position right side of the defence covering Chieo playing right wing back. We need a 4th striker. Kelly could be a star for us he's looking sharper now was impressed by him when he got on at Preston.

I have voiced my opinion on this board regarding Tony Stewart comments regarding Rotherham United.
    We has the Millers are a yo-yo club, getting promotion to the championship, then relegation back to
    league one.
    Each time Tony Stewart makes the comment, we have learnt from our mistakes, but we do not remedy
    the mistakes.
    Whether Paul Warne is asking for more funds than Tony Stewart is wanting to release, we don't know,
    but to stay in the championship the club has to move forward in terms of getting quality into the club,
    if the club wants to cement a position in the championship.
    I'm not what is called a happy clapper for Tony Stewart, personally it looks to me that Tony Stewart
    believes the club can compete in the championship with league 1 & league 2 players, so wants to
    pay the transfer costs & wages of such players, but wants the same success as buying £1m
    & above players.
    Simply Tony Stewart wants Lurpak butter at margarine prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Derbymiller View Post
    Derby, careful pal. You’ll have the TS Mafia after you talking like that 🤣

Page 157 of 171 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast