+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 158 of 171 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 1706

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I have voiced my opinion on this board regarding Tony Stewart comments regarding Rotherham United.
    We has the Millers are a yo-yo club, getting promotion to the championship, then relegation back to
    league one.
    Each time Tony Stewart makes the comment, we have learnt from our mistakes, but we do not remedy
    the mistakes.
    Whether Paul Warne is asking for more funds than Tony Stewart is wanting to release, we don't know,
    but to stay in the championship the club has to move forward in terms of getting quality into the club,
    if the club wants to cement a position in the championship.
    I'm not what is called a happy clapper for Tony Stewart, personally it looks to me that Tony Stewart
    believes the club can compete in the championship with league 1 & league 2 players, so wants to
    pay the transfer costs & wages of such players, but wants the same success as buying £1m
    & above players.
    Simply Tony Stewart wants Lurpak butter at margarine prices.
    ELK ditto as per my reply to Derby Miller.
    Last edited by Brin; 18-08-2022 at 11:32 AM.

Could always ask TS and Warney who are very approachable but you might not like the answer or even believe them knowing some of our fans

Doesn’t it make you feel more proud what we have achieved on little money? We’ve done better than some that spend like there’s no tomorrow and have caused them big problems or haven’t got anywhere
    Last edited by millertop; 18-08-2022 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Could always ask TS and Warney who are very approachable but you might not like the answer or even believe them knowing some of our fans

Doesn’t it make you feel more proud what we have achieved on little money? We’ve done better than some that spend like there’s no tomorrow and have caused them big problems or haven’t got anywhere
    If there is a misalignment between TS and PW on funds, I don't think they would openly tell any of us if we asked, they would keep it in house and rightly so. As for being proud of what we have done, of course I am, last season was the most successful in outcomes in our history. As i said in my previous post, it is purely speculating, reading between the lines on a set of comments made by PW in recent interviews, nothing more. From a personal perspective, if the club fail to bring in a loan WB and Striker this window to help PW and it is due to funds then I think the board have let PW and us down, and reduced our chances of continuing the excellent start. Their job is to give PW the tools to do his job, not say we bought you an hammer and it broke, so now use a screwdriver to knock in the nails until January, loan another hammer

Quote Originally Posted by uttis View Post
    Gru you never cease to amaze Ogbene has 3 goals already and you want him back as a winger! Leave him where he is I say especially if no other striker is signed if it’s good enough for Ireland it’s good enough for us his delivery when playing as a winger is poor leave him up front with licence to go wide if needed

Didn't look a striker to me at Preston. As I've said emergency striker only.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Didn't look a striker to me at Preston. As I've said emergency striker only.
    i have to agree with Gru, a central attacking player not his position, he looked lost against Preston North End,
    he needs to be on the wing, ok he was man marked with sometimes 3 players around him against Preston.
    The club needs another striker in a division where you need to have cover for injuries, in such a player who
    can step up to the mark.

i have to agree with Gru, a central attacking player not his position, he looked lost against Preston North End,
    he needs to be on the wing, ok he was man marked with sometimes 3 players around him against Preston.
    The club needs another striker in a division where you need to have cover for injuries, in such a player who
    can step up to the mark.
    Wide right of a 3 would suit his game, if we played that formation, but it is a risky formation for this league and is a total change to our style.

One thing Chieo definitely isn't is a wing back. He would get slaughtered in the Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    One thing Chieo definitely isn't is a wing back. He would get slaughtered in the Championship.
    But most definitely a right winger who CAN slaughter left backs with his prolific burst of speed. Just got to learn to cross a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    But most definitely a right winger who CAN slaughter left backs with his prolific burst of speed. Just got to learn to cross a ball.
    Needs Tony Towner to coach him at crossing a ball.

Found last season, the best crosser of a ball was Smith, with Ferguson a close second.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 18-08-2022 at 01:52 PM.

I have voiced my opinion on this board regarding Tony Stewart comments regarding Rotherham United.
    We has the Millers are a yo-yo club, getting promotion to the championship, then relegation back to
    league one.
    Each time Tony Stewart makes the comment, we have learnt from our mistakes, but we do not remedy
    the mistakes.
    Whether Paul Warne is asking for more funds than Tony Stewart is wanting to release, we don't know,
    but to stay in the championship the club has to move forward in terms of getting quality into the club,
    if the club wants to cement a position in the championship.
    I'm not what is called a happy clapper for Tony Stewart, personally it looks to me that Tony Stewart
    believes the club can compete in the championship with league 1 & league 2 players, so wants to
    pay the transfer costs & wages of such players, but wants the same success as buying £1m
    & above players.
    Simply Tony Stewart wants Lurpak butter at margarine prices.
    I think you lads from Kilnhurst Derby and Brinsworth or NEVER, Ever satisfied, God knows how you run your households ?

Rotherham United are in their best ever position ! We have one of the best grounds in the country, equally our best ever training facilities,the best chairman I can recall ! we are virtually the highest placed team in the whole of S Yorkshire, when was the last time that happened ? We have money in the bank ? We have players that are worth millions, assets, assets, asset’s, we have a great and caring manager who is intelligent and understands the game, he’s happy but for some unknown reason you are not ? Stop trying to invent conspiracy theories ! there are none ! Warne is an happy bunny, stop putting words into his mouth , he is relaxed about transfers, he stated it again in the tiser, he understands VALUE for money, he knows whose worth 20K a week and who is not, but some people will not be happy until we sign another Danny Schofield, or Dexter Blackstock and bankrupt the club !

Leave the manager to manage, the chairman to look after the finances, and do your job? Yes a supporters job is to support ? not to invent Miss Marples fiction !

Page 158 of 171 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168 ... LastLast