+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 85 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast

Thread: Have We Signed Anyone Yet?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well we have given out squad numbers to all players including those that it was rumoured could go out on loan e.g. Bola, Kayode, Kelly. Interestingly we don't have a No 7 or a No 10 yet.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=38292217
    Exactly this, we’ve given everybody a number and at least one will be off out on loan. The fact that Huddersfield have given REG a number means absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Seems a reasonable assumption Frog.
    Finishing 21st in the Championship would be far from "doomed" and , as you say, could well be easier than finishing 2nd in League 1.
    And either one of those finishing positions would give you Championship football the following season ……obviously we’d take finishing 21st in the Championship all day long as that would be two lots of £7.1 million from the EFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And either one of those finishing positions would give you Championship football the following season ……obviously we’d take finishing 21st in the Championship all day long as that would be two lots of £7.1 million from the EFL.
    You're forgetting that we'll get the Championship -> League 1 parachute payments Brin if we get relegated. Well, maybe not quite parachute payments but more like a bouncy castle to land on if you're lucky enough to find the right spot

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    And either one of those finishing positions would give you Championship football the following season .
    Yes ,I know. What I am saying , to back up Frog's point, is that 21st in Championship could well be easier than 2nd in league 1. So - we might not be as competitive in league 1 as we were last season, that is finishing 2nd. but we might be good enough to stay up in Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Yes ,I know. What I am saying , to back up Frog's point, is that 21st in Championship could well be easier than 2nd in league 1. So - we might not be as competitive in league 1 as we were last season, that is finishing 2nd. but we might be good enough to stay up in Championship.
    Wrinks I’m only ribbing you pal 😉

Did Warney say which Thursday the new player was signing on

Quote Originally Posted by Slimchance View Post
    Did Warney say which Thursday the new player was signing on
    Is it Thursday I forgot with all the excitement

When a player isn't given a number I think it is usually a move to say 'you aren't going to be a part of the squad, no matter what' by the management.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Is it Thursday I forgot with all the excitement
    It is for another 4 hours and 24 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Nardendee View Post
    It is for another 4 hours and 24 minutes
    But the fax machine doesn’t work between 6pm and 10am

Page 85 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast