+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IB in the running for the Lincoln job

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post
    Think you are missing the point. Perhaps the issue is that the manager needs players that suit their style rather than those that tick the right stats boxes. They Reetdz need to realise that stats alone dont make the best team, the manager needs an input as well to get the players who suit their style.
    He does get an input, they also get references etc. TBF we have seen a lot worse recruitment, just go back 4 years and many before it. I’m sure if we don’t get promoted, the owners and IB will analyse why they think they have fell short, these are young intelligent people that probably aren’t set in their ways and whilst we are fans this is something they have heavily invested in so will want to make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He does get an input, they also get references etc. TBF we have seen a lot worse recruitment, just go back 4 years and many before it. I’m sure if we don’t get promoted, the owners and IB will analyse why they think they have fell short, these are young intelligent people that probably aren’t set in their ways and whilst we are fans this is something they have heavily invested in so will want to make it work.
    If he does get an input fair enough, blame/credit is mutual. As a matter of interest did NA get the same input?
    Last edited by bule1; 06-05-2022 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Clarification

If he is not here next season, then we need a manager/coach with more than one string on his bow...No more one trick ponies..

This story must have been put about by the same bloke who was claiming that Wootton was on his way to Blackburn.

Lincoln would be mental not to appoint Bradley if they’ve got the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If he is not here next season, then we need a manager/coach with more than one string on his bow...No more one trick ponies..
    If he is here then he’s got to adapt away from home, wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a physical midfielder and forward more suited to away games, players get rotated now and don’t play every game. He did want to sign Ellis and you probably have to think where would we be now with Cameron and Brindley either side of him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    This story must have been put about by the same bloke who was claiming that Wootton was on his way to Blackburn.

Lincoln would be mental not to appoint Bradley if they’ve got the chance.
    Bradley has turned them down. I think it would have been a step backwards for him.

If he does get an input fair enough, blame/credit is mutual. As a matter of interest did NA get the same input?
    I think NA alluded to having less in the last couple months at the time. He definitely drove most the signings the first season bar Sam and Ruben.

Think you are missing the point. Perhaps the issue is that the manager needs players that suit their style rather than those that tick the right stats boxes. They Reetdz need to realise that stats alone dont make the best team, the manager needs an input as well to get the players who suit their style.

I'm glad you started your point with Perhaps" cos I don't know either. I don't know the Reetdz brothers, I don't know they rely entirely on stats, I also don't know whether the manager has an input or not. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    If he is here then he’s got to adapt away from home, wouldn’t be a bad idea to have a physical midfielder and forward more suited to away games, players get rotated now and don’t play every game. He did want to sign Ellis and you probably have to think where would we be now with Cameron and Brindley either side of him.
    This ^^^^^^^^ I've seen more than enough away games to know that the current approach hasn't worked and needs adapting.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    Love your baiting posts, again you try to feck up a thread
    You should know by now that laddo is a master baiter (easy way around the swear filter!).

Reading through this thread it seems that our owners are coming in for a bit of mild criticism, and the reason why has been my concern from the start. I realise that we might be a kind of 'FC Notts County' without them, but my worry is that they are trying to play a computer game with a real club. Our philosophy is clearly stats based, but I don't know if those stats are relevant to what it takes to get out of the National League.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast