+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: David Button

David Button

Apparently signed a 2 year contract. I think he’s done ok and pleased we’ve kept him.
    Presumably he will have to move house to comply with Bruce’s conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Apparently signed a 2 year contract. I think he’s done ok and pleased we’ve kept him.
    Presumably he will have to move house to comply with Bruce’s conditions?
    As you say Prando, he's done OK, but as I've said in previous posts, we've got two youngsters in Palmer and Griffiths who've done well for a couple of seasons in the lower leagues, so why not give them a chance. The money saved on Button could then have been used elsewhere. Doesn't make sense to me.

He’s ok but hardly a new signing and not one to strengthen the squad from a spineless and pathetic showing this season so on that note who gives a flying f uck!!!

A decent midfielder like Lawrence from Derby or OK will make me sit up to replace slow and below average championship players like Livermore, Reach and Mowatt!

Have Bartley, Zohore, Robinson, Grant and useless Phillips not had any interest yet from other clubs? Thought not as 5 million for the job lot and they would be driven there!

Agree about giving Palmer a go but guess Button was always going to take over from Johnson given that he has a bit more experience than the others. Tbh, I'm not unhappy about him getting the contract and my main concern remains midfield. We are desperate for someone in that position who can offer some proven creativity and pace but the moot points are who might be available and whether we could attract them if we identified them.

An ageing goalkeeper towards the end of his career, and has never been a NO1, Surely there was better choices to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    An ageing goalkeeper towards the end of his career, and has never been a NO1, Surely there was better choices to be had.

Don’t think age comes into it!! Would rather have had Ben Foster this season for example than England’s number 21 who can’t command his area for toffee!

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Try telling that to Scott Carson at 36 , still picking up wages from Citeh !

Quote Originally Posted by SCOOP115 View Post
    Try telling that to Scott Carson at 36 , still picking up wages from Citeh !
    That's all to do with the British quota of players in the squad.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)