+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who is going to defend Allan Saint-Maximin Part two

I don't want Maxi to track back.

All he needs to do is a token effort to get the ball back when he loses it. Running 5-10yds is enough for me. Track back my ar'se.

He needs to push forward time and again, like he used to. He should be covered by a DM, AM or LB. If JoLo or someone like that is not part of the build up, they should be covering his ar'se, expecting him to fail in the dribble.

I'm with trini and geordie on this one, like.

Give him a full pre-season under Eddie Howe-we'll either see a different player or he'll move on.

Aye. To those wanting him oot, I do understand the frustration...

But sometimes patience is required. If a big money offer comes in for him, I'm sure he'll be gone - he'll want to go and Steddie will take the money. If he's shoite up to Xmas, he'll be gone in the January sales.

Let's see what the Summer holds and have some excitement for next season. I'm sure there'll be massive movement in Summer: can imagine a fair amount of movement from Chelsea, Barca, Man U, PSG. Bayern, Juve, maybe even Real stimulating movement further down in the market so we can feed off the crumbs.

If we have a couple of exciting players with/without ASM (hope we keep him), we could be a handy proposition next year.

Without his goals and assists we’d still be near the bottom 3, with Arsenal and Burnley to play… and that Burnley game would be a f**k load more nervous

When’s the last time Almiron tracked back and made a difference? Is this more about teams having success going through the formation and players behind ASM than ASM tracking back?

Agree that he does need benched, a lot of players need a rest and making explosive runs is going to take it out of him, and heMs not been the same since he came back from injury… he wasn’t tracking back then either, but no one was banging on about it then.

I think he needs a rest, I think we need better strikers, and I think we need more quality in the team and squad to put better players around him and to also not have to play him every game and give him real competition to get the best out of him.

He’s got his faults for sure, pretty much every player does, but he’s been a massive player for us for a couple of years and it’s fickle as f**k to jump on his back now.

There’s no real disagreement on this thread. Everyone thinks he should be benched (as any off form player should). It’s then up to him to regain his place in the starting line up. It’s as simple as that.

To all non fickle f**kers
    The man who’s only held back because of the players he has to play with you happy with this comment well sorry Iam NOT

Quote Originally Posted by 5under1and View Post
    To all non fickle f**kers
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    huh?
    Indeed.

Maxi was excellent tonight! Did everything right in my opinion.

His passing- where did that come from!!!

Sublime

He’s got his faults for sure, pretty much every player does, but he’s been a massive player for us for a couple of years and it’s fickle as f**k to jump on his back now
    huh ? Need to read posts

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)