+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Days like these

Days like these

Whilst they won't become a thing of the past totally, they'll certainly happen less and less.

Like Kal says, we need patience-a lot of it whilst the owners, manager and team get it right.

But defeats like today's? Well, the path we're on, we'll be the ones doing that to other teams eventually. We've got owners whose stated aim is to place us among the best in the world. Said it before, but it still doesn't seem real and we need to keep days like this in our memory and remember where we've come from.

Onwaaaaaaaards!!

Citeh and Liverpool can stuff any team in the world.

We did well against Liverpool. Citeh could have hit us for 2 or 3 more with a proper front man. They're frightening. And De Bruyne is like a force of nature... Not overhyped at all.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    Citeh and Liverpool can stuff any team in the world.

We did well against Liverpool. Citeh could have hit us for 2 or 3 more with a proper front man. They're frightening. And De Bruyne is like a force of nature... Not overhyped at all.
    One day soon we will have players like that.

Imagine if City had Haaland playing today...it would have been double figures

We need to put quality players around Bruno quick smart or he'll get his head turned by bigger clubs

Quote Originally Posted by Alberts__Lob View Post
    Imagine if City had Haaland playing today...it would have been double figures

We need to put quality players around Bruno quick smart or he'll get his head turned by bigger clubs
    Was just thinking the same thing about Bruno.How long do we think he will be prepared to wait, to be playing in a team like City? Listening to the match,he didn’t seem as involved as normal? Next season we need to be challenging for a top 6 spot, in an ideal world that is, not sure if that’s the blueprint Eddie’s working on though. The way he’s talking seems it will be longer project, in which case I don’t think Bruno would hang around. Bring on the summer!

As regards what Eddie Howe is saying, I think he's playing it just right. If he came out and made bold predictions about our aims for the season ahead, he'd be setting us-and himself-up for a fall. Far better to dream big (as I'm sure he and the players are in private) but speak as he is doing.

I remain concerned about our budget.

Although everyone thinks we are going to splash the cash, I'm not so sure. I have a feeling it's going to be 2 or 3 per window.

FFP has locked in the spending patterns and abilities of the Super League clubs so it is incredibly difficult for newly minted clubs like ours to actually use the funds at their disposal; all while Man Yoo, Chelsea, Barca and Real Madrid each ride a billion pound/euro mountain of debt.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    I remain concerned about our budget.

Although everyone thinks we are going to splash the cash, I'm not so sure. I have a feeling it's going to be 2 or 3 per window.

FFP has locked in the spending patterns and abilities of the Super League clubs so it is incredibly difficult for newly minted clubs like ours to actually use the funds at their disposal; all while Man Yoo, Chelsea, Barca and Real Madrid each ride a billion pound/euro mountain of debt.
    Does everyone think that? I don’t.

As well as the financial rules restraint you can’t replace half a team in one window and reasonably expect a big and immediate improvement. That would be a dangerous course of action and one which Howe won’t take.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    As regards what Eddie Howe is saying, I think he's playing it just right. If he came out and made bold predictions about our aims for the season ahead, he'd be setting us-and himself-up for a fall. Far better to dream big (as I'm sure he and the players are in private) but speak as he is doing.
    Agreed.

We're already going to be charged a premium on any player, add in use saying we could spend loads and the prices go up even further.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Does everyone think that? I don’t.

As well as the financial rules restraint you can’t replace half a team in one window and reasonably expect a big and immediate improvement. That would be a dangerous course of action and one which Howe won’t take.
    Two or three a window would be a steady way of improving. That's an entirely new team over two seasons.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)