+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: St Perth away on Gothenburg Day +39

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I agree that there are question marks over his man management skills BB but we can’t become one of these clubs that goes through 2 or 3 managers a season, that is a recipe for disaster. I actually think Goodwin was a rushed appointment and we should’ve taken our time over it a bit more .
    If we change manager after Sunday then it will be two managers this season. Has happened many times before. **** happens.

There’s no doubt we are in a sticky situation here with Goodwin but we can’t sack him already even if in 6 months time it would’ve turned out to be the right decision. We have to give him the summer transfer window to build his own team , although I have my suspicions it will resemble St Mirren 2020/21 but on higher wages.

Unfortunately the failed Glass experiment has put us in this situation, DC felt the pressure and went for what he saw as a relatively safe option in Goodwin and the fact that we paid for him he has avoided being lambasted for going for a cheap option.

Anyway, last game of a dreadful season tomorrow so let’s just be happy we are still in the league …..what a shocking thing to have to be saying .
    Dreadful quote. Why the hell not?

It's obvious that Cantwin is a numpty so the logical thing is to fire him as quickly as possible. We don't want him signing a load of former St Mirren players in the summer and then having to fire him in the autumn.

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Because he’s inherited a squad full of dross ,you have to give him the summer to sign his own dross (probably half of St Midden) and when that doesn’t work out then you sack him. That’s how it works unfortunately, especially when you have a chairman who doesn’t like to admit he’s wrong , we could be in an even worse state than we are now by the time ,if/when, he realises that Jimmy G isn’t up to the task.
    Good times !

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Because he’s inherited a squad full of dross ,you have to give him the summer to sign his own dross (probably half of St Midden) and when that doesn’t work out then you sack him. That’s how it works unfortunately, especially when you have a chairman who doesn’t like to admit he’s wrong , we could be in an even worse state than we are now by the time ,if/when, he realises that Jimmy G isn’t up to the task.
    Good times !

Good times !
    That disnae make sense min,sack him now or wait until Autmnn then sack him and wish we had sacked him now?
    We all know he inherited dross but he's managed to turn that dross into playing worse than Glass had them playing and thats an achievement,if we lose Sunday then serious questions need asked about JG.
    I thought he was a panic appointment but i thought he'd steady the ship,so far there's no sign of that....

Does onybody seriously think Goodwin had a decent chance o' demostratin' signs o' success/improvement wi the shower he inherited?

Maybe it's jist me, but a team o' players deemed worthy o' wearin the famous red, and paid accordinly shouldna be finishin a ba'hair above the relegation zone even if a mince pie well past it's sell by date wis appointed as manager wi Ozzy Osbourne installed as Director o' fitba and Mr Blobby as head coach.

The points are bein' lost on the pitch .. nae by tactics, but by shortcomins and, all too often, sheer incompetence as individuals and as a team.

A professional footballer might nae want tae play for a certain manager, but cross that white line, and it's the folk fa' buy tickets they need tae want tae play for - if nae themsels and each ither ffs.

Ah think we agree that there are too many in the current squad fa are simply nae good enough (tae put it mildly). By all accounts, Goodwin himself also agrees, and it it is a situation over which he has as yet had no possibility to change.

So let's reserve judgement until he can. One transfer window to clear out the crap and bring in better, and a wee bit o' time tae get them playin' as a functional team .... and if the signs are there that it's workin', then give him a second transfer window.

I dinna see any advantage whatsoever bringin in another manager of the standard we can attract, and expectin' the guy tae rebuild a team he has little time tae study between the final game o' the season and the end o' the transfer window.

Judge Goodwin on what he actually has some control over ... the summer transfer window is realistically the first test.

While I agree he needs the summer to put things right, it's not his first test, it's his secone test, he failed his first one.

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    That disnae make sense min,sack him now or wait until Autmnn then sack him and wish we had sacked him now?
    We all know he inherited dross but he's managed to turn that dross into playing worse than Glass had them playing and thats an achievement,if we lose Sunday then serious questions need asked about JG.
    I thought he was a panic appointment but i thought he'd steady the ship,so far there's no sign of that....
    No it disna mak sense but that’s how this chairman operates. It didna make sense to appoint Glass but he did it, he should’ve been sacked before Christmas but he wasn’t so the chances of DC pulling the trigger now on JG are slim to none. The chairman will not want to admit he’s made a mistake twice in a row.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456