Inspired by something UTM said on another thread, I'm fascinated by how people remember football matches.

Can you remember all the games you've ever been to? Just which games? Or more details such as the scores, who played, who played well (or badly)? Have you got a picture in your head of the play leading up to each goal - and the goal itself?

I can't remember much about the details of games, sometimes not even the score (not sure if that's good or bad, probably good!) but I do remember odd moments almost like snapshots, and, often, how I felt. So weird moments like chatting to Cheltenham supporters in the pub and them taking us to the ground because we didn't know where it was, where we went for a drink afterwards, I remember we won and feeling chuffed, but no idea what the score was.

I remember going to the loo at an away game and being berated by a woman from the supporters club because apparently it was my fault Billy Dearden had been sacked (!).

Man Utd supporters climbing the floodlights, throwing fencing.

Being chased out of the ground at Millwall. They commemorated some supporters (4 iirc? who had died in a car accident) at that game too.

Going to Palace and sitting in the home end, my dad jumped up every time we scored.

But did I go to a particular game 23 years ago, and if so, the score and scorers, no idea really.

Is there a difference between how the male and female memory works, or is it just a completely individual phenomenon?