+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ot - Panorama, on "levelling up"

ot - Panorama, on "levelling up"

8pm tonight on BBC 1 From Barnsley , I wonder if the local celebrities from the Peel Square quarter will be on show !!!

Kipper Jackson is being interviewed by Jacob Rees Mogg.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    8pm tonight on BBC 1 From Barnsley , I wonder if the local celebrities from the Peel Square quarter will be on show !!!
    Thanks for the heads up 👍
    I’ll record that.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Thanks for the heads up 👍
    I’ll record that.
    tha welcome Nudge , I just hope they don't feel the need to be embarrassing most of us as per usual , plenty of good about our Town and no need to be stereotyped by some recently left Uni /Southerner who knows nothing in reality ,

Quote Originally Posted by sbred48 View Post
    kipper jackson is being interviewed by jacob rees mogg.
    luvvit ♥

They'll be lucky to find anyone speaking english

Abart only levelling up that'll get done in this town is if they close Market Hill .

I really don't know what to expect from this programme to be honest , let's have your opinions if and when you watch it , Mr Houghton ?" Do you think it's fair that local councillors like you and many more across the party's get paid more than any elected MP across all parties ? " "what have you done with all the money selling greenbelt land to Herme's, devastating large areas around Hoyland/Birdwell ?" Well the thing is we own 50% of BFC and we are currently finding it very difficult to deal with the current investors ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I’ve just endured half an hour of this. Prior to this I liked Chris Mason. Usually impartial, informative and often humorous. Not one shot of the regeneration of the Town centre…… Not one shot of the local Sh*t hole rival town centres falling into disrepair ( Wakey and Huddersfield…).
    Moaning, Whining stereotypes, ( lad pulling a wheely up street….archive shots of the hills, up tarn from Oakwell……. Shut up shops, and the poor animal hospital boarded up…… I could ruuar……

Waste of fecking electric. Is this what we pay the BBC for? Shut the bugg£r down.

Watched it.
    As much as we all love Barnsley - and I for one would not live anywhere else in Britain (although I would live abroad, probably India) - we still don’t get the money from government that other towns and cities in the UK do.
    I thought it was a fair reflection of what is happening in Barnsley.

What I gathered from the documentary is that towns and cities have to bid for the money - and Barnsley Council do not have the quantity or quality of people capable of putting bids together.
    Plus of course it greatly helps if there is a Conservative MP representing the area - hence the reason places such as Stocksbridge gets funding.

The people from Barnsley on the programme spoke well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast