+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ot - Panorama, on "levelling up"

Is the subject of levelling up about a plan to fill in all the pot holes on the districts roads ? If so I am all for it , I am convinced that one day I might meet my end by falling down one & drowning !

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I’ve just endured half an hour of this. Prior to this I liked Chris Mason. Usually impartial, informative and often humorous. Not one shot of the regeneration of the Town centre…… Not one shot of the local Sh*t hole rival town centres falling into disrepair ( Wakey and Huddersfield…).
    Moaning, Whining stereotypes, ( lad pulling a wheely up street….archive shots of the hills, up tarn from Oakwell……. Shut up shops, and the poor animal hospital boarded up…… I could ruuar……

Waste of fecking electric. Is this what we pay the BBC for? Shut the bugg£r down.
    Thats Barnsley Clarncil fothi , moaning "SIR" Steve Houghton 🤣 a Tory wearing a red rossette , why did they show Goldthorpe ? Poor show 👎

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Watched it.
    As much as we all love Barnsley - and I for one would not live anywhere else in Britain (although I would live abroad, probably India) - we still don’t get the money from government that other towns and cities in the UK do.
    I thought it was a fair reflection of what is happening in Barnsley.

What I gathered from the documentary is that towns and cities have to bid for the money - and Barnsley Council do not have the quantity or quality of people capable of putting bids together.
    Plus of course it greatly helps if there is a Conservative MP representing the area - hence the reason places such as Stocksbridge gets funding.

The people from Barnsley on the programme spoke well.
    What did the programmes of the improvements that have been done already in the town centre Nudge? Nothing.
    As Roma said, Goldthorpe shown run down, and no one bright shot of. The Glassworks…… Fox Valley though ( shown, as good as a paid advert could ……..
    I get the point of the programme. Conservative areas get the brass. The programme should have shown a more balanced illustration of the town.

Sounds like I missed a right giggle there, one of the best Bbc comedy shows of the year. 😮

It reminds me of the fuss and nonsense when Nick Griffin appeared on Bbc Question time all those years ago. And they did an absolutely unprofessional hatchet job on him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12