+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Haaland- is that the end of the Premier League ?

Haaland- is that the end of the Premier League ?

If you’re a City fan you’ll be delighted that your club will be signing one of the most talented players in modern day football ,on July 1st. For the rest of the teams , it just adds to the problems you are already going to be facing when you line up against Peps superstars. 40 miles down the East Lancs road the shell suited supremo has also got to be worried . Already facing up to the likelihood of finishing runners up this season, the pressure to win the title next season will be greater than ever. For the rest of the teams it will all be about keeping the score down to a respectable amount. To me ,it looks like Haaland is a guaranteed goalscorer. With the players around him to give him the chances, how can he fail ?

This is just business as usual for the Premier League.

Weghorst was a guaranteed goal scorer. Nothing is certain in football, apart from prices going up each season.

If Weghorst had the talented Manchester City players to give him goals on a plate, he’d look world class aswell ! Unfortunately for us, we don’t have too many ,that I can think of.!

I feel sorry for the lad. The expectations will be massive but those expectations will no doubt be ameliorated by his reported weekly wage of £400,000 plus "bonus".

Is it even worth the bother of trying to stay in the EPL?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I feel sorry for the lad. The expectations will be massive but those expectations will no doubt be ameliorated by his reported weekly wage of £400,000 plus "bonus".

Is it even worth the bother of trying to stay in the EPL?
    Ameliorated- is that a word often used up north? I can’t find it anywhere in the Welsh Dictionary !!! Must be your high school education BT !!

He just doesn't look the type to be bothered by the pressure,he's just confident in his undoubted ability.21 on a salary like that,there must be a few girls in Manchester smartening themselves up.

We only try to stay in this league for one reason and everybody knows what that is.

Judging by the fact almost of our first team squad live in Manchester, I now know the reason why they are busting a gut to stay up!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)