+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer window begins

Where does that leave Archer?

At 16 there's a fair bit of development to do and this league is a very different beast so I'd say Archer's situation isn't really affected. A natural finisher is IMO the toughest position to fill unless a club is prepared to spend massive money OR have a homegrown talent.....

Yeah, at 16 I'd say both Barry and Archer are ahead of him. There's practically a 2-year gap between each of the 3.

Gallagher from Chelsea....strongly rumoured tonight, he will either stick with his club or go out on loan and I'm sure he will opt for us ahead of Palace!

Well, his choices are; to stay in his hometown with either Viera or Tuchel, or to be back up to McGinn.

Palarse finished above us, easily, and he won’t get a game with the other lot. I see him sticking with the ‘Nigels’ for another loan. Now if Chelsea wants a fee?...mmmm

I’d actually prefer him to McGinn, but hey, there you go.

McGinn to Spurs 60mill?? Its time for change and Gerrard is not here with a 5 year plan...he wants a trophy

Keep McGinn - yes he's been inconsistent in the role he's been asked to do but with the chance to now play further forward he'll score a few and be involved in the final third.

I understand where you’re coming from WCV. However, I feel that we should be looking to improve every position, whenever we can.

Timing is the key. Of course, McGinn is a fine player, but should a superior player become available, at the right time, for the right price (not saying Gallagher), then we should make a move.

Spurs are sniffing around Bissouma, so no bid for McGinn. Manure still keen.

Have you noticed that the player is, more often than not, referred to recently as McGinn? As opposed to SJM, when did this start happening? Are we subconsciously moving on?

So, with Bissouma gone, Gallagher is probably 'making plans for Nigels' (a bit of XTC for the older folk ,), it's likely down to McGinn.

Never doubted him

I think we need to off load several players first which, should make it easier to identify where SG is going to strengthen!

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)