+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer window begins

On reflection I'm less worried about strikers because the defensive contributions of Kamara will allow McGinn,Buendia,Countinho, & Ramsey to weigh in with their fair share.

I can see SG getting rid of our wingers, not just because they’ve done f’all, but he seems to prefer wide mids with a work rate.

He should be able to recuperate at least 80m from overall sales. So, with 43m spent + wages already, we should be able to comfortably recruit; another Defender, another DM, a workhorse wide midfielder, and a proper, non-Uruguayan striker

Adding last season's loan-outs, and Mr. Gerrard will have no need for excuses.

I thought Gerrard likes a narrow front 3 with the fullbacks bombing forward out wide?

Is our new centre back on the left or right of centre? If so who does it effect most Mings or Konza. Also i want this lad from Rangers to sign but i know hes left of centre. Would signing Carlos stop this transfer?

“Today Bongo, he will be mainly playing on the right”.

Impossible to second guess SG regarding how many players he wants. He was seriously p1ssed off with our midfield and defence's costly errors, and the missed chances upfront. He may use a big shovel.

I feel the shadow of a Uruguayan Vampire circling the Midlands. I really hope it’s just me being paranoid of monsters under me bed.

I get the reason why people dont want him but im stuggling to think of a better alternative.

Apparently Newcastle were told Carlos would cost them 64 million, how come we got him for 26?.....bargain!

Sandcastle will be fleeced at every window, more than any other club in history, Dave. I feel for their fans, finally get rid of Ashley, to become a suburb of Riyadh.

There’s a lot of bollox flying around Re. FFP. Remember, any transfer fee is amortized over the length of the player's contract. £43m (so far) divided by 4 (years) = £14.3m towards FFP. Wages are nowhere near what Twitterazzi is spewing. No-one will be above Coutinho (125k).

The chap in this pod, explains it all really well to anyone who needs clarity. If they can stay awake for the 45mins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSeglPBui94&t=1380s
    Last edited by Exiledvillan; 28-05-2022 at 09:21 AM.

Looks like were linked with Tammy again. Im far from against it but should have been done last summer. I think he will probably sign a new deal at Roma though. Hes doing well in that league but then again so did Lukaku.
    Maybe a swap and cash for Luiz?

Gerrard said he wanted he wanted a new spine, well unless Martinez is going, its a new Defender, Midfielder and a forward....Tammy, would love him back but would be big bucks unless Watkins goes to Arsenal?

Cant see Watkins going. Gerrard really likes him. We just need to work out a way to get more goals from him and the people around him. Maybe Tammy and Watkins up front?

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)