+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer window begins

Robert Olsen has made his move permanent.
    Not the most exciting news but we do need a decent no 2.

Definitely, Bongo, especially as the knee that Em1 has been nursing for a few years, has been giving him the ‘yips’, lately.

To be fair after a nervous start I thought he looked quite good. Caught well and a few decent saves.

He let 3 goals in, in 5 minutes!! Olsen out...

Quote Originally Posted by TrianonDave View Post
    He let 3 goals in, in 5 minutes!! Olsen out...
    Yeah,.. and his 1st name isn't Emi.

Doesn't even rhyme with Emi.

Out, out, out.

The window officially opens Friday.

Incomings already; Keeper, CB, DM, AM. Just leaves a proper Striker.

Proper Striker + Archer, Ings, and Watkins, not too shabby?

Outgoings? How long do we have?

Vague reports/dodgy rumours, of Matty T having completed his jawdee medical, 12m.

With the apparent/unlikely 3m loan fee in Jan, that could be construed as 15m all in. Can’t remember what % Saints are due to get out of it.

We were mugged... Again.

I'd love to see one more DM through the door so we have options for a 4-2-3-1 against the top teams (who we took 0 points off last season) - maybe SG feels that Chambers & Nakamba gives him enough options alongside Kamara as McGinn & Luiz both need to be playing further forward.

Do we have enough full-back options to cover injuries? Young is versatile enough but Hause is slow and Konsa for me isn't an RB, I think Hause and Guillbert will leave for more game time elsewhere.

UTV

Considering they have zillions, we should have held out for more, he's gone on the cheap and the Toon fans are well happy, as if it was there own money. I'm left wondering if they really have that much disposable dosh!!

We more or less got our money back on Targett. Brought for i think 17m and sold for 15m is ok. Good luck to him i like the lad. Like ive said before Newcastle will be looking to improve the 1st 11 and star signing wont come right now especially with a no name manager.
    Gerrard has so much more pulling power that gives us the edge over Newcastle.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)