+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clearly Ops to Leave West Brom

Clearly Ops to Leave West Brom

Had the Cabbage given this talented guy an opportunity in matches where the useless spineless players should have been rested - maybe he would have been tempted to stay!

Best wishes Clearly - hope you get an opportunity with a manager with a vision and amongst quality players!

What’s the point in having an academy? Presume Clearly will be tempted to go to Vile Park where our other players are looked after!

Disagree completely Al. This lad decided he was too big for us when Munich came looking at him last year.

You can’t play someone who won’t sign a pro deal as it’s an awful message for the other academy prospects.

The best way to look at it, he’s never been ours and we’ve never been his club.

The reason we have an academy is for those who do make it through. O’Shea TGH, FELLOWS, ASHWORTH, TAYLOR have all broken through that as you say our worthless Academy. Our under 23’s are through to A cup final and they have come through the Academy.
    Ok you don’t like Bruce but he did the right thing not picking the kids until there ready. The clamber for Cleary to play why his head had been turned and was asking for 20 grand a week well bye bye and good luck just like others who have gone.

Quote Originally Posted by baggiematt View Post
    Disagree completely Al. This lad decided he was too big for us when Munich came looking at him last year.

You can’t play someone who won’t sign a pro deal as it’s an awful message for the other academy prospects.

The best way to look at it, he’s never been ours and we’ve never been his club.

Don’t disagree with what you are saying in principle but perhaps someone else will reap the benefits. How do we know he’s not worth 20 grand a week if he’s never given an opportunity? Zohore must be on 30 grand a week and he’s a donkey so on that basis it could be a good investment! Munich to show any interest tells a story in itself as they are no fools!

Sick of the club penny pinching! Had OK been signed for the money - we would have been promoted as he’s three times the player of useless Livermore, Mowatt and Reach! Don’t get me started on Gayle when we had second rate players like Austin and HRK!

I know for a fact Fat Sam would have stayed had he been given a decent budget to get us back up. So we waste millions on Val and Cabbage and go backwards!

Overhaul of the squad next year? 90% of the players are contracted and they won’t be going anywhere quite simply because nobody else would want them!!

Bruce gave him his debut off the bench.
    Cleary told the club in march he wasn't signing, that's why he was dropped down to the under 18
    He was offered a good contract, but he and his agent must have a better deal on the table.

He’ll be kicking around the lower leagues at best within 4-5 years.

Looks like a walking hamstring injury to me.

Another Anichebe and Dike.

Speaking off Dike...any word on him....will he still be around for next season?

I know it is hard to judge as I have only seen him in the highlights on the Club site, and only very occasionally in the last few months.

However I do think he reminds me of Berahino so much, except nowhere near the same talent at this age. Always looks overweight to me and the impression you get is he thinks he is a lot better than he is.

I do think the club’s record of losing our better talent though is very poor. Something definitely seems to go well in their latter years before getting a full professional contract. I suspect it is down to several things, some the clubs fault and some the players/agents.

Everyone looks to see our kids given a chance, including me, but no one has a god given right to succeed at the professional level and I just wonder why so many of ours don’t go to the final step.

He was asking for 20k PW and never played in the first team. Player's today let fame ruin them before they are famous.
    Another Saddo, although Berahino did prove himself at the highest level.
    Izzy Brown has been released by Preston by the way.

Pity to lose him after he has shown so much promise for the U23s and maybe the club could have done more to try and keep him earlier including giving him more first team experience? If rumours of his wage demands are true however it seems yet another example of a young player with potential having his head turned by money and agents and getting greedy for a salary he has not yet proven his worth in justifying. There is no reason he could not have accepted a lower salary with the proviso that this would be reviewed and increased pending performance. Very short sighted IMO and sadly likely to end up languishing in the lower leagues as Mick has said if he isn't careful.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)