+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Royal Family. How much longer..?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Older folk also tend to be more set in their ways and less amenable to change, despite their wealth of experience.
    I would change just one word of that Chris, 'Older folk also tend to be more set in their ways and less amenable to change, because of their wealth of experience.

Have the young for instance, taken into account the fact that there will be a power vacuum created on the abolition of the monarchy, and have they considered just who, or what, may fill that vacuum, have they considered that it may not be an institution as benign as our monarchy ?

A wealth of experience teaches one that there is merit in the old saying,

'Better keep a hold of nurse,
    for fear of finding something worse.'
    Last edited by sinkov; 13-05-2022 at 07:41 PM.

Older folk also tend to be more set in their ways and less amenable to change, despite their wealth of experience. That's just my view of course from the perspective of a youthful 69 and a bit lefty.
    I think, that many..... like routine, live routines....are safe with repeats, unquestioning and removed from anything but the given reality, it makes them feel safe, so trust it, are habituated to it, it's familiar, so think of it/them as a friend....not realising - they've been suckered.

think...When the Wind Blows.

(croaky voice) "those were the days"

Touché sinkov..

As for you Norder, I doubt I'll ever fathom out what goes on in your noggin, but I like you (and your musical tastes)

Touché sinkov..

As for you Norder, I doubt I'll ever fathom out what goes on in your noggin, but I like you (and your musical tastes)
    some friends, the lady is a right Royal nutter....she goes into spasms if I shove it to her Queeny....but all the same, were remain very good friends.

God bless you brother.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)