+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy Goteburg Day

Aye, and next year it's 40 years, so i'm nae gaun tae shut the f'uck up aboot that either.

We didn't just beat Real Madrid that night, we outplayed them.

WE OUTPLAYED REAL MADRID!

It's nobody's fault that they weren't born or were too young but as I said before.

TOUGH F'UCKIN S'HITE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Didn't start Supporting afc until 1985 when I was 7, and what is wrong is its constantly mentioned then every year then its the nxt anniversary! It was closer to WW II than present fkn day!!
    Never mind WW2, WW1 (1914-1918) is still spoken about as well after all this time and is taught in history lessons in our schools. I remember the ‘83 final like it was yesterday and I’ll never forget that team. I’ll forget most of the players in our current team within a few months of their leaving us though, I suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Never mind WW2, WW1 (1914-1918) is still spoken about as well after all this time and is taught in history lessons in our schools. I remember the ‘83 final like it was yesterday and I’ll never forget that team. I’ll forget most of the players in our current team within a few months of their leaving us though, I suspect.
    That's fair enough min, and I get why fans are vocal about it and folks who were there or at home watching it. My guess is in 30'40 years it'll be less n less celebrated

You'd like to think that in 30,40 years we maybe would have something else to celebrate.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You'd like to think that in 30,40 years we maybe would have something else to celebrate.
    😍🤣 here's hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    😍🤣 here's hoping
    Give me a shout then but I have a feeling that I won’t be around to answer the 30/40 years time question!

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Give me a shout then but I have a feeling that I won’t be around to answer the 30/40 years time question!
    Me as well as not fussed to to live past my 70s

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    With what we have witnessed this season then not a fecking chance.

Onywye ... Donsdaft ... 57 ... did yiz get yer airses ower tae the Lampie tae clink glesses in celebration or nae? Ah wis gan tae jine yiz ... but made the sh!te decision tae watch the game instead!

We did indeed, perhaps both a little wary that we were going to miss a festival of football by being in the pub instead.

Games gone by was the main topic of the evening, interspersed with agreeing that Thatcher was a cow.

Sandy's grandson turns out ( not surprisingly) to be a fine loon, a good night was had by all.

You would have been more than welcome, but I understand that the temptation of an evening's entertainment watching the mighty reds was irresistible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast