+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tims tonight

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I really enjoyed the game last night. I mean, we got our usual luck against them but still battled for a draw which was the absolute least we deserved. An unexpected but great point.
    Not just the point itself, a welcome bonus but the organisation, tenacity, spirit, better control, passing, patience, ie the whole performance was night and day from what we've often seen.

4 full backs basically was well thought through because so many Sellik goals come as a result of wing play. Well done TC

What a great way to finish off the home season, can now sit back & relax for a couple of months, Arabs going to Dingwall - good on you & have a (beach)ball. Much to like last night so here's few pointers in that direction -
    - thought we had two Levitts on the pitch, Archie was amazing
    - Clark is a much better footballer than he's given credit for (by a section of the support)
    - Freeman has Wiiings
    - Ref Walsh had a decent game but the Jerry Kerr assistant can stick that flag up his arse
    - I hope that's not the last time I'll see Benji Siegrist

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Not just the point itself, a welcome bonus but the organisation, tenacity, spirit, better control, passing, patience, ie the whole performance was night and day from what we've often seen.

4 full backs basically was well thought through because so many Sellik goals come as a result of wing play. Well done TC
    Tam was interviewed after the game and said he identified the wing play of Celtic as being their main danger which is why he went with two full backs in the three man defence. Turns out he might know his stuff after all eh? 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Tam was interviewed after the game and said he identified the wing play of Celtic as being their main danger which is why he went with two full backs in the three man defence. Turns out he might know his stuff after all eh? 🙂
    I think tactically he'll be great, he was head of tactical performance before being the boss after all. I wondered about his man management skills but it's clear to see that's a skill of his too.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah agree. Freeman in front of Smith and Niskanen in front of McMann pretty much stopped most stuff from the flanks. Looking back on it that 0-3 defeat on the first day reflected a nervous manager making his debut. Unsure, tentative etc, and maybe that's what transferred onto the pitch.

Over the season there's been times when the team has reflected his personality - a bit polite, a bit lacking in outward passion. You don't see all teams reflecting their manager but with some it's easy to spot - Atletico, dirty niggling, Man City, etc. TC has spent most of the season learning and he can only be better for it next time around.

If I have a concern it's the number of players getting used, the different positions some are asked to play, and the passive first halves we've seen. I'd like to be able to predict the preferred starting 11 a bit more easily.

Regarding the younger players he seemed happy to bring one or two in but they rarely started a run of games. Any new player coming into a side whether experienced or not needs a run of games to bed themselves in, get used to how his teammates will play.
    I feel he needs to decide who's going to feature in the longer term and give them 6-10 games to prove themselves (or otherwise).

If we can add a bit more quality in midfield and attack I think we can look forward to another good season.

FTD
    Doon

Does anyone know what this was all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2oBoKRNRdw

Quote Originally Posted by arab777 View Post

No quite sure, but I think Spud turned up at the wrang match... Hey Ho.... that's what the H diz tae yi....

It was an experiment to see to much coke you could consume but still avoid a night in Bell Street.

#fail

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    No quite sure, but I think Spud turned up at the wrang match... Hey Ho.... that's what the H diz tae yi....
    He got over the outside wall but realised he couldn’t get to his mates, he then emptied his pockets of flares/smoke bombs and launched them over towards his kind before an Arab decided the polis were not doing anything about so tried to drag the pap down, this forced the polis to do their job and took boy away. Appeared in court today.

Is this 'The Fiddler on the roof'

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)