+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big night ahead

Big night ahead

And the ticket office boasts a sign saying "East Stand Sold Out".

Been a while!

I was watching the Tannadice game on ESPN, and the commentator mentioned in passing that Lamie had scored. I kept checking my phone in the last few minutes and it was agonizing to see the clock tick over 90+6 and beyond, until finally the magic words "Full Time" appeared! Not sure where these last two results came from, especially given the sickness bug in the camp, but no-one will complain. Please tell me we are going to keep KvV! And hope no-one makes an un-refusable offer for Kelly.

The road to Europe has opened up
    Without a curve or camber
    Where will it lead nobody knows
    But it's paved in Claret & Amber!

Nobel Prize for Literature nominations welcome any time

Even in the midst of our crisis this year the attitude of the players - and in it their loyalty to GA - was never in question. KVV basically dragged us over the line when he should have been in bed but plenty others also deserve huge amounts of credit for the last two games.

We clearly have the potential in the squad to be fine. We clearly also have the potential for it all to go badly wrong...

It was, however, one of the most bizarre 'big nights' at FP I've ever experienced. Almost no singing or atmosphere until the final minutes, muted celebrations among the players at full time, arriving in the pub after it was like mistakenly walking in on a wake.

There seemed to be a sense of relief rather than achievement. Which is understandable but I'm not convinced the players shouldn't have been out there going mental in a bid to get the fans going and change the narrative somewhat. The award-winning media team have their work cut out in the weeks ahead because we desperately need a deep breath and fresh start.

Quote Originally Posted by Well below the Equator View Post
    I was watching the Tannadice game on ESPN, and the commentator mentioned in passing that Lamie had scored. I kept checking my phone in the last few minutes and it was agonizing to see the clock tick over 90+6 and beyond, until finally the magic words "Full Time" appeared! Not sure where these last two results came from, especially given the sickness bug in the camp, but no-one will complain. Please tell me we are going to keep KvV! And hope no-one makes an un-refusable offer for Kelly.

The road to Europe has opened up
    Without a curve or camber
    Where will it lead nobody knows
    But it's paved in Claret & Amber!

Nobel Prize for Literature nominations welcome any time
    We've huffed n puffed a lot, and really been quite dross
    1 positive springs to mind though ... we hunted Maurice Ross !

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)