+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fgr

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Cant imagine why as to date IB has not done anything at all,( currently worse than our previous manager Ardley ) , and has achieved average results in a very low league with little consistenty , just wishfull thinking , IB is probably in the mix with 20 or other so managers that bookies always pump out lol .
    If IB did leave if the 1 out 100 happened i would not be bothered at all, as almost any manager could do as well
    Someone check on Davy

But the thing is Swale they were not the form team of the division over the whole season, in fact 4 teams were better, and that is what matters
    As for atrractive, progressive and winning football it must have disappreared at Aldershot a few games ago

Currently we are about to see how good IB actually is, the only time winning a 2 or 3 game sequence means anything is now in the Playoffs
    IB is lucky in one respect having a second shot at the playoffs after losing one , as most if none of notts previous managers have not had that luxery
    As i said now we will find out how good IB is, what has he learnt from last years playoffs, hopefully that we need to get at it from the offset, no be on the back foot early on, falling behind, and only then playing well when its too late
    Our oppenents, will have done their home work, and know we are vunerable to a high press, and crumble defensively when under pressure, they will almost certainly come at us from the offset , especially Wrexham if we get that far

So its over to IB ,to date im am not convinced he has sorted any problems out, and will be found out very quickly in this play off process , however i hope he proves me wrong, and shows he has learnt from previous mistakes , then i will say fair play and well deserved , but as they say the proof is in the pudding
    You conveniently disappeared for a lot of when we were the 'form team'. Now the odds are against us in the playoff system needing 3 victories of course you re-emerge. Classic Davy lol.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    You conveniently disappeared for a lot of when we were the 'form team'. Now the odds are against us in the playoff system needing 3 victories of course you re-emerge. Classic Davy lol.
    I disapperaed because there was no reason posting anything till now, the form team playing against the bottom 6 , and we even lost one of them , haha
    Needing 3 victories, is IB,s fault no body elses, we could have finished higher up getting automatic, or only needing 2 victories with a home advantage
    None the less i will be at the lane next Monday evening, looking forward to a highly entertaining evening, lets hope IB doesnt let us all down and spoil the party ..

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    FGR’s chairman has a touch of the Hardys about him - arrogant and full of himself. Was badmouthing Watford for poaching manager Rob Edwards and saying “Hopefully they’ll be stuck in the Championship now and we’ll play them in a few years” - so he’s ambitious, despite FGR basically being a village team with little hope of ever getting much of a fan base. All sounds like a vegan Rushden and Diamonds to me.
    Bournemouth seem to manage in the premier with only 11,000 crowd?

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    FGR’s chairman has a touch of the Hardys about him - arrogant and full of himself. Was badmouthing Watford for poaching manager Rob Edwards and saying “Hopefully they’ll be stuck in the Championship now and we’ll play them in a few years” - so he’s ambitious, despite FGR basically being a village team with little hope of ever getting much of a fan base. All sounds like a vegan Rushden and Diamonds to me.
    But does he have a 5 year plan to the Championship? That's what really counts.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    I thought they didn't? At least last time I looked.

But the thing is Swale they were not the form team of the division over the whole season,..
    'They?'. I think that says a lot Davy. As far as I (and hopefully some other posters) am concerned Notts County is 'we'.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-05-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Probably a combination of the fact they have a billionaire chairman, and having reached the promised land, with hundreds of millions and huge parachute payments all but keeps them at the top 2 levels permanently now , the gates are insignificant

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    'They?'. I think that says a lot Davy. As far as I (and hopefully some other posters) am concerned Notts County is 'we'.
    Fair enough we are Notts County

Burchy is on his way, did you notice how his ''fist pump'' turned into a wave after the Maido match? Dead giveaway..........

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast