+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Fgr

If it does happen my one of my fears would be he will take Cameron and Rodders with him !!!

Would suggest the commercial plan is working which is something to give the club credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    If it does happen my one of my fears would be he will take Cameron and Rodders with him !!!
    It will cost him!

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    If he is you can't really blame him.

It's certainly an interesting situation seemingly the vast majority of fans don't believe we will get promoted so ultimately an unsuccessful season. Yet we have a manager allegedly wanted by a club who will he operating in L1 next season, and players who have attracted heavily rumoured interest from clubs in higher divisions all season. Plus fans talk of which players still under contract for next season might me lost to other clubs because of how well they have performed. When does that happen at Meadow Lane?

To have multiple Notts players possibly sold for actual noticeable transfer fees is a shock to the system on its own for many fans. Then add in financial compensation for a possibly departing manager/ head coach, and it's mind blowing stuff for a team who won't get promoted.

Crazy times IF all the above happens.
    Fans always simplify success/failure but owners will judge success on many more factors than just wins.

And that's where IB ticks a lot boxes imo.

Very disappointing if he’s allowed to leave. Firm believer that success takes time (of course there are exceptions which everyone will point to), something Trew and Hardy failed to recognise over and over again. So despite the obvious weaknesses in this squad that need to be addressed I am certainly advocate of IB being the one to fix it. If we start letting good managers go after the same amount of time as the poor ones, I’m not sure where that leaves us? I’ll go as far as to say if the brothers don’t keep IB they’d have been better of sticking with NA. Yep…I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoppie View Post
    I’m not sure where that leaves us? I’ll go as far as to say if the brothers don’t keep IB they’d have been better of sticking with NA. Yep…I said it.
    A logically sound observation until somebody digs out the last post match interview Ardley did at Notts. Listening to that, there was no way he could continue, though I suppose it is possible that he already knew by then that he was on borrowed time.

Cannot blame Burch for taking a job two levels higher where he'll probably have much more control of the team and be officially addressed as the Manager, not Head Coach. It's a step up on all fronts except for the size of the club. *If*Notts were to get promoted, you'd think there was a fairly high chance of us playing against FGR the season after.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-05-2022 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Fixed typo for you

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A logically sound observation until somebody digs out the last post match interview Ardley did at Notts. Listening to that, there was no way he could continue, though I suppose it is possible that he already knew by then that he was on borrowed time.

Cannot blame Burch for taking a job two levels higher where he'll probably have much more control of the team and be officially addressed as the Manager, not Head Coach. It's a step up on all fronts except for the size of the club. *If*Notts were to get promoted, you'd think there was a fairly high chance of us playing against FGR the season after.
    FGR are a modern club and would be replacing their previous Head Coach so I doubt they'd change back to the old-school 'Manager' monicker. I can't imagine IB would want to be a manager all of a sudden either.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    FGR are a modern club and would be replacing their previous Head Coach so I doubt they'd change back to the old-school 'Manager' monicker. I can't imagine IB would want to be a manager all of a sudden either.
    Oh right, I hadn't made the connection. Seems very obvious now why they've targeted him.

Do FGR have any plans for a new bigger ground? They only have a capacity of just over 5000 so that will stump their progress. No point going to club that can't really reach much higher than L1.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast