+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fgr

Fgr

IB now favourite for Forest Green managers job. Was 25/1 earlier...someone has had a punt!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 16-05-2022 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Failed attempt to fix title

All these links elsewhere just show the high regard IB is held in.

Quote Originally Posted by JonahBabb14 View Post
    IB now favourite for Forest Green managers job. Was 25/1 earlier...someone has had a punt!
    Mildly interesting. From the odds I can find IB is joint favourite at 4/1 with Paul Tisdale. When you consider that such as Michael Appleton, Lee Johnson and Paul Lambert who have managed at higher levels are longer odds, that price seems very short. However, the FGR owner isn't exactly one to go for the routine appointment, so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    All these links elsewhere just show the high regard IB is held in.
    Not sure about that. A couple of years ago whenever a managerial vacancy came up Paul Ince was always among the favourites!

He's not alone in the betting odds when it comes to potential managers with Notts links:
    - Johnnie Jackson (10/1)
    - Simon Grayson (16/1)
    - Shaun Derry (20/1)
    - Sol Campbell (25/1)
    - Kevin Campbell (25/1)

Let's hope one of them gets it instead.

Burch now 2/1 clear favourite

Tisdale now 6/1 2nd favourite.

I'm not a betting expert but I wouldn't imagine this market is attracting a flood of bets; wouldn't take a lot to force a change in someone's odds. Still, someone must have put a bit of money on IB, or the bookies have some inside info...

Quote Originally Posted by Bushwacka View Post
    I'm not a betting expert but I wouldn't imagine this market is attracting a flood of bets; wouldn't take a lot to force a change in someone's odds. Still, someone must have put a bit of money on IB, or the bookies have some inside info...
    Not that much, £20 tipped the scales on Flitcroft being favourite for the Notts job when Nolan got it. Notts are a lot bigger than FGR and Burchnall is still only 2/1 which isn't that convincing

Lincoln have got their new manager, so we can rest easy over those claims!

I don’t know much about FGR but they average less than 2500. Unless they’re bankrolled they’ve probably hit the glass ceiling in league 1.
    Maybe I’m being a bit arrogant but I’d still see Notts, with the current owners, as a better career choice long term.
    *admittedly ‘long term’ isn’t a phrase you can often use with football managers.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast