Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
Not being a d&ck here but if you think that MB didn't dictate who we went after you've not been paying attention.

I loved the MB era but it was very obvious from the get go that they catered to his every whim and he largely had total control of the squad, number of players and who we signed. He also had total control of feeder system and when, and if, any of the youngsters played on the first team. They also didn't dictate that we could not have a bigger squad. That was MB

This ownership group didn't "go on the cheap". They spent big money on Rodrigo, James, Kock, Llorente, Firpo, Raph and MB himself and his staff. They re- upped Bamford, Phillips, Meslier, Ayling, Dallas and Harrison. We spent some decent sized money for a newly promoted side without big dollar owners.

It's easy to look back and criticize but MB would have left if the management would have interfered with him and I think you all know that deep down. Unfortunately, the first time the managment decided to step up was with the hiring of Ted. It was already too late then anyway as we had too small of a squad depleted with injuries to compete in Prem. The same genius that got us promoted also ended up taking us down.

It was a wonderful run and will always believe that for a couple of years we were one of the best teams in football to watch. Nobody played like us when we came into the prem.
MB believes his own press that he's a GOD. Buying useless James for that money where we could have spent it on a couple of decent mids which we haven't had was madness. But like you say MB every time we heard we are looking at someone it was always winger. His obsession did all this. How old is he and his only notable win was an Olympic games gold and a championship how the f is that the best manager in the world I would never know. Yes, his playing style is beautiful but it is not humanly sustainable. The board is at fault if that was the way he wanted they should have gotten rid of him early but I think their belief was similar and worked accordingly. How they show their faces at games is beyond me. Mr Radz wasn;t even sitting with the other 2 clowns last game