+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And what will we hear from our lords and masters at LUFC?

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Not being a d&ck here but if you think that MB didn't dictate who we went after you've not been paying attention.

I loved the MB era but it was very obvious from the get go that they catered to his every whim and he largely had total control of the squad, number of players and who we signed. He also had total control of feeder system and when, and if, any of the youngsters played on the first team. They also didn't dictate that we could not have a bigger squad. That was MB

This ownership group didn't "go on the cheap". They spent big money on Rodrigo, James, Kock, Llorente, Firpo, Raph and MB himself and his staff. They re- upped Bamford, Phillips, Meslier, Ayling, Dallas and Harrison. We spent some decent sized money for a newly promoted side without big dollar owners.

It's easy to look back and criticize but MB would have left if the management would have interfered with him and I think you all know that deep down. Unfortunately, the first time the managment decided to step up was with the hiring of Ted. It was already too late then anyway as we had too small of a squad depleted with injuries to compete in Prem. The same genius that got us promoted also ended up taking us down.

It was a wonderful run and will always believe that for a couple of years we were one of the best teams in football to watch. Nobody played like us when we came into the prem.
    MB believes his own press that he's a GOD. Buying useless James for that money where we could have spent it on a couple of decent mids which we haven't had was madness. But like you say MB every time we heard we are looking at someone it was always winger. His obsession did all this. How old is he and his only notable win was an Olympic games gold and a championship how the f is that the best manager in the world I would never know. Yes, his playing style is beautiful but it is not humanly sustainable. The board is at fault if that was the way he wanted they should have gotten rid of him early but I think their belief was similar and worked accordingly. How they show their faces at games is beyond me. Mr Radz wasn;t even sitting with the other 2 clowns last game

Have you not had your snickers today?

No just had 2 egg and sausage muffins which with the tablet didn't last long and came straight out. Like our team was good till it lasted lol

🤣👍🤣👍

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Not being a d&ck here but if you think that MB didn't dictate who we went after you've not been paying attention.

I loved the MB era but it was very obvious from the get go that they catered to his every whim and he largely had total control of the squad, number of players and who we signed. He also had total control of feeder system and when, and if, any of the youngsters played on the first team. They also didn't dictate that we could not have a bigger squad. That was MB

This ownership group didn't "go on the cheap". They spent big money on Rodrigo, James, Kock, Llorente, Firpo, Raph and MB himself and his staff. They re- upped Bamford, Phillips, Meslier, Ayling, Dallas and Harrison. We spent some decent sized money for a newly promoted side without big dollar owners.

It's easy to look back and criticize but MB would have left if the management would have interfered with him and I think you all know that deep down. Unfortunately, the first time the managment decided to step up was with the hiring of Ted. It was already too late then anyway as we had too small of a squad depleted with injuries to compete in Prem. The same genius that got us promoted also ended up taking us down.

It was a wonderful run and will always believe that for a couple of years we were one of the best teams in football to watch. Nobody played like us when we came into the prem.
    Your ASSuming a bit... I have commented previous that MB told the board that he had taken this squad as far as he could. It’s been said the 49ers put a hold on transfers... something to do with recent acquisitions and possibly change of management pending due to drubbings

No one will probably ever know who was to blame for the non aquasitions that would have certainly kept us up. However the previous 3 seasons (the bielsa era) were the most exiting wonderful years I have experienced, and I'm old enough to have known the revie, Wilkinson and o'leary times. None played the fluent attacking way we did (o'leary was close) I know we got hammered many times but it was a thrilling time, I would rather have gone down playing the bielsa way than go down (as we certainly will do) playing the non descript way we are now.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    No one will probably ever know who was to blame for the non aquasitions that would have certainly kept us up. However the previous 3 seasons (the bielsa era) were the most exiting wonderful years I have experienced, and I'm old enough to have known the revie, Wilkinson and o'leary times. None played the fluent attacking way we did (o'leary was close) I know we got hammered many times but it was a thrilling time, I would rather have gone down playing the bielsa way than go down (as we certainly will do) playing the non descript way we are now.
    But there's the rub, if our supposedly intelligent owner and his entourage (including those board members representing the 49ers), had applied a modicum of common sense, we wouldn't be faced with "going down" in any fashion. They ARE to blame, they sign the cheque (or not!) and should have seen what was coming. No one else could decide to spend or not, as a certain famous American had on a sign on his desk "the buck stops here".

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)