+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Congratulations United. Back in Europe

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Not with £500k prize money difference between 4th (£2.5M) and 5th (£2M)…,

https://www.totalsportal.com/footbal...ize-money/amp/
    Is that correct mate?,i ask cause they have got The Funsters in the play off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Is that correct mate?,i ask cause they have got The Funsters in the play off spot.
    Ha ha, that was the standings “half term”, when they were told then “could do better”, alas they went on to appoint McGoo, and the rest as they say is history…

Quote Originally Posted by ballumbie_arab View Post
    Not with £500k prize money difference between 4th (£2.5M) and 5th (£2M)…,

https://www.totalsportal.com/footbal...ize-money/amp/
    Ah right. 4th is the aim then.

when he was going off the pitch tonight with the fans singing his song it made me think he might stay. Money talks though so maybe not

****ing brilliant, well done United. Had to leave for work and missed second half but will enjoy catching up in the morning though. Let's beat County on Saturday and get 4th,cant see well beating Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Might 5th be better than 4th?
    In the very first qualifying round, we’d possibly face the likes of 2nd or 3rd in the Luxembourg, Andorra, Gibraltar, Wales, or San Marino leagues. A level of club we might beat!
    An extra game would mean an extra home gate. For our first home European tie in a decade, no matter who it is against, a crowd of 6,000 at £30 per skull would come along. That’s £180,000 in the coffers. Then a bigger team in the next round in front of a bigger crowd.
    4th is the aim financially, 5th as you say, will give us more chance of a couple of ties however. Here's a link, albeit a few weeks old, to give you an idea of possible opponents.

https://mobile.twitter.com/scotlands...12EYHSacLSoUJA

Realistically you think we only need a point on Saturday for 4th - you’d think Celtic will take care of Motherwell on Saturday on their day of Terroris.., sorry, ‘Title’ Celebration. But it would be nice to sign off on a win against a now unmotivated Coonty with a massive travelling support in order to finish the league on a high. Critically however, for me 4th is massive, not only financially but also to finally allow the team a very well deserved, ‘proper, close season in a long, long time. No managerial merry go rounds. No back in time to play ludicrous league cup games at the beginning of July. In other words a proper ‘rest’ to allow recovery and more time for planning and recruitment moving forward which surely can only help in the long term. And who knows, maybe for the first time in forever a proper pre season friendly against decent English opposition (when did that last happen???).

The Baldy Snake set the Club back further than I think a lot of punters really appreciate and recovery was always going to take the best part of 10 years. It’s a slog at times alright, I don’t doubt that, but taking it over the long term, the trend is undoubtedly upwards. Very well done to all concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    Realistically you think we only need a point on Saturday for 4th - you’d think Celtic will take care of Motherwell on Saturday on their day of Terroris.., sorry, ‘Title’ Celebration. But it would be nice to sign off on a win against a now unmotivated Coonty with a massive travelling support in order to finish the league on a high. Critically however, for me 4th is massive, not only financially but also to finally allow the team a very well deserved, ‘proper, close season in a long, long time. No managerial merry go rounds. No back in time to play ludicrous league cup games at the beginning of July. In other words a proper ‘rest’ to allow recovery and more time for planning and recruitment moving forward which surely can only help in the long term. And who knows, maybe for the first time in forever a proper pre season friendly against decent English opposition (when did that last happen???).

The Baldy Snake set the Club back further than I think a lot of punters really appreciate and recovery was always going to take the best part of 10 years. It’s a slog at times alright, I don’t doubt that, but taking it over the long term, the trend is undoubtedly upwards. Very well done to all concerned.
    Great Post James

4th and we'll be back competitively on the 30th July for the start of the Premiership. 5th and we'll be back 21st July for Q2. Compare that to the 9th July for the dingy group stages. It's a fair difference.

Also got say great post . Well done everybody at United. Not enjoyed lot what watched this season but got hand it to Coutts and players 4th or 5th and in Europe

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)