+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Conway & Chien Lee have left the building

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    It would appear from breaking news that Mr Conway & Mr Lee have moved on & a new board has been formed with the iclusion of Jean Cryne , it is all a bit confusing to me but there is a club statement for people to pick up on, initially it sounds like fantastic news but I have not read the small print
    What a shame , Poundland billionaire's , pillockers extrordinare , hope they all go bankrupt , awful people , let's hope this is the end of this lot . CCG

It's pretty damming in my opinion that the other shareholders have removed them from the board .

That basically equates to in our world the sack because your cr@p at your job .

[QUOTE=Jules88;40038940]
    Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Depends what her role at the club is Jules , I suspect it won't be heading player recruitment .[/QUOTE
    The recruiting isn’t my problem with the owners. MOST of them are decent players … it’s the “Mix” they didn’t understand.
    Hope this is a shift from the “Plan” be nice if it was.
    I suspect they’ll be a lot more comes out in the open in the coming days… However, could be a very good ruse to get more people to renew and Littlewood change after that
    Interestingly Parekh remains who came in with Conway , Lee , Hung and Billy Beane .

I understand Parekh was by far the wealthiest member of the original consortium .

[QUOTE=Jules88;40038940]
    Depends what her role at the club is Jules , I suspect it won't be heading player recruitment .[/QUOTE
    The recruiting isn’t my problem with the owners. MOST of them are decent players … it’s the “Mix” they didn’t understand.
    Hope this is a shift from the “Plan” be nice if it was.
    I suspect they’ll be a lot more comes out in the open in the coming days… However, could be a very good ruse to get more people to renew and Littlewood change after that
    A lot has already changed Jules , if the dynamic duo are off the board then they are no longer involved in the running of the club but with the addition of Jean Cryne to the board we have hopefully someone along with her son who fans & locals can affiliate to ,in fact trust might be a better word & the fans will support people they know & trust as opposed to the Conway"s & the Lee"s of this world who have had nobody"s trust from day one .

Well apparently she's not linked to Conway , Lee or Hung what so ever .

She's here off her own back , who is behind getting her on board obviously I don't know , possibly Parekh if I was guessing .
    My comment came from Doug O’Kane on Twitter mate, “She represents the other investors” like it or not PMG are investors!
    There is also a quote from Jean Cryne: James and I love this club and we will continue Patrick’s legacy in building a community club, we are proud Barnsley fans and truly understand the emotion and connections associated with being a red.

[QUOTE=Shadrack the Red;40038951]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

A lot has already changed Jules , if the dynamic duo are off the board then they are no longer involved in the running of the club but with the addition of Jean Cryne to the board we have hopefully someone along with her son who fans & locals can affiliate to ,in fact trust might be a better word & the fans will support people they know & trust as opposed to the Conway"s & the Lee"s of this world who have had nobody"s trust from day one .
    As I understand it , Lee , Conway and Hung still retain their shareholding .

However they no longer have any say or influence in the decision making what so ever .

I'm led to believe at best they can be a bit of an irritant to the new board but nothing more than that .

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    My comment came from Doug O’Kane on Twitter mate, “She represents the other investors” like it or not PMG are investors!
    There is also a quote from Jean Cryne: James and I love this club and we will continue Patrick’s legacy in building a community club, we are proud Barnsley fans and truly understand the emotion and connections associated with being a red.
    I've seen that myself Perky but I'm led to believe she's not connected to PMG and Conway , Lee and Hung have no control in the club's decision making anymore .

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Does this mean Times Square advertising finished ? CCG !!
    Maybe not , Julie Ann lives in NY !!!

[QUOTE=animallittle3;40038948]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post

Interestingly Parekh remains who came in with Conway , Lee , Hung and Billy Beane .

I understand Parekh was by far the wealthiest member of the original consortium .
    👍

The way it's explained as far as I can tell is that :

Lee , Conway and Hung hold significant stock in Barnsley Football Club , that's all , however if another party were to purchase the club their share of any potential profits would be represented in the amount of stock they hold .

So in affect they could still profit from the club but minus the decision making and any involvement in the day to day running given they are no longer directors but mere shareholders .

They have a single vote at an AGM which apparently doesn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things .

It may well be that at some point in the very near future they will probably sell the stock they currently hold .

They don't strike me as the kind of people who are going to be happy holding stock but with no clout in the boardroom .

I suspect the current directors may well purchase that stock from them if a price can be agreed upon .

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast