+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conway & Chien Lee have left the building

Conway & Chien Lee have left the building

It would appear from breaking news that Mr Conway & Mr Lee have moved on & a new board has been formed with the iclusion of Jean Cryne , it is all a bit confusing to me but there is a club statement for people to pick up on, initially it sounds like fantastic news but I have not read the small print

Hopefully this is the first step towards The Arseoyle leaving the club though, as usual, it is all a bit vague at the moment.

It would be the best news for five years if he were gone but there is something odd about him still being an owner but not a decision maker. He is a sly bugger so I will wait for further clarification before I begin rejoicing.

CONWAY COMPLETELY OUT

The Barnsley Football Club Limited (Club) today announced a reconstitution of the Club’s board of directors, following changes in ownership at its parent company, BFC Investment Company Limited (BFC).

At the time of purchase of the Club from the Cryne family in 2017, the majority of Pacific Media Group’s (PMG) shares in BFC were owned by several individual private investors (Investors), who had agreed to the appointment of PMG as their temporary nominee. Upon the expiration of this nominee arrangement, the Investors directly registered their ownership interest in BFC. As a result, the Investors and other existing BFC shareholders, have reconstituted the Club’s board as follows:

Paul Conway, Chien Lee, Dickson Lee and Grace Hung have left the Club’s board with immediate effect

Jean Cryne has agreed to serve as a director of the Club

Julie Anne Quay has agreed to serve as a director of the Club as a representative of the Investors
    These changes mean that the Club’s board now comprises:

Neerav Parekh, James Cryne, Jean Cryne (pending EFL approval), Julie Anne Quay (pending EFL approval), Khaled El-Ahmad (Chief Executive Officer) and Robert Zuk (Finance and Operations Director).

Commenting on the rearrangement, Neerav Parekh said: “Barnsley Football Club is an anchor institution of this town and we, as custodians, are aware how much this Club means to the people of Barnsley. Last season was a low point for the Club results wise, and we pledge to put results on the pitch as the primary driver for everything we do at the Club.

“Moving forward, we want to work closely with all our partners, in particular our fans and Barnsley Council, to ensure that the Club continues to be an institution that we’re all proud to support. It takes a long time to rebuild broken relationships, but it is our responsibility to do so, step by step. Spectemur Agendo.”

Owner and newly appointed Club director, Jean Cryne, commented: “As a collective, we will bring leadership to help the Club reach its potential, providing a clear and transparent purpose.

“James and I love this Football Club and we will continue Patrick’s legacy in building a true community club. We are proud Barnsley fans and truly understand the emotion and connections associated with being a Red.”

Julie Anne Quay, founder and CEO of New York-based VFILES Foundation, added: “All board members are looking forward to both the short- and long-term future of Barnsley FC. There is work to be done and relationships to be re-established with key stakeholders.

“We are very aware of the challenges that we face. Together, with the Club employees, our supporters, the Barnsley community and the players, we will overcome them. Let’s play to win. Come on, you Reds.”

The board of directors at the Club would like to thank all partners, supporters and wider stakeholders for their ongoing support.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Hopefully this is the first step towards The Arseoyle leaving the club though, as usual, it is all a bit vague at the moment.

It would be the best news for five years if he were gone but there is something odd about him still being an owner but not a decision maker. He is a sly bugger so I will wait for further clarification before I begin rejoicing.

CONWAY COMPLETELY OUT
    Thats why I said about the small print but having read into it a bit more I think he has gone but his interests are in the way of his shareholding but he is definitely off the board & consequently the running of the club, put the bubbly on ice & get the glasses chilled, it is looking positive !

Just a ploy to get more season tickets sold. Extended early bird now one more trick up there sleeve 😜😜

Let’s see how this shapes up over the coming months then? I will be looking for two things at the outset?
    1. Who they recruit as the new manager? The fact they have asked for applications for new Head coach of the academy says to me Disco will be the new manager?
    2. See if they recruit new players at the last minute, as we have over recent seasons thus not giving them pre-season to get up to speed with fitness and tactics.

Quite a bit of vagueness within that statement.
    The first bit of any future success and they could well pop from behind the curtain “Go Barnsley”

So who are the owners now?

What’s happening with court case?

Vagueness!

i believe they still own the club thus the purse strings

so its still as is for the budget and purchase of players.

or am i getting the wrong end of the stick.

Wonderful news and hopefully a huge step forward in the club once again focusing on a results first .

Interested to find out what the background is with the new shareholder Julie Ann Quay .

My initial reaction was to punch the air when I read about this .

I reckon a few sherberts are in order tonight .

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast