+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barnsley FC : New Board of Directors

Barnsley FC : New Board of Directors

The Barnsley Football Club Limited [club], today announced a reconstitution of the clubs board
    of directors, following changes in ownership, at its parent company Barnsley Football club
    investment company Limited [BFC]
    At the time of the purchase of the club, from the Cryne family in 2017, the majority of Pacific
    Media Groups [PMG] shares in Barnsley Football Club, were owned by several individual private
    investors [investors], who had agreed to the appointment of PMG as their temporary nominee.

Upon the expiration of this nominee arrangement, the investors directly registered their ownership
    interest in Barnsley Football Club, as a result the investors & other existing Barnsley FC
    shareholders, have reconstituted the clubs board as follows.

* Paul Conway, Chien Lee, Dickson Lee & Grace Hung have left the clubs board, with immediate
    effect. *
    * Jean Cryne has agreed to serve as a director of the club *
    * Julie Anne Quay has agreed to serve as a director of the club, as a representative of the investors *

Changes mean - The clubs Board Now

Neerav Parekh, James Cryne, Jean Cryne [pending EFL approval],
    Julie Anne Quay [pending EFL approval], Khaled El-Ahmad [chief executive officer] &
    Robert Zuk [Finance & operations director]

[ Julie Ann Quay, is the founder & chief executive officer of New York based VFILES foundation ]

Hopefully they can sort out the club, on & off the pitch. [Re-ground improvements]

Best news in 12 months .

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    The Barnsley Football Club Limited [club], today announced a reconstitution of the clubs board
    of directors, following changes in ownership, at its parent company Barnsley Football club
    investment company Limited [BFC]
    At the time of the purchase of the club, from the Cryne family in 2017, the majority of Pacific
    Media Groups [PMG] shares in Barnsley Football Club, were owned by several individual private
    investors [investors], who had agreed to the appointment of PMG as their temporary nominee.

Upon the expiration of this nominee arrangement, the investors directly registered their ownership
    interest in Barnsley Football Club, as a result the investors & other existing Barnsley FC
    shareholders, have reconstituted the clubs board as follows.

* Paul Conway, Chien Lee, Dickson Lee & Grace Hung have left the clubs board, with immediate
    effect. *
    * Jean Cryne has agreed to serve as a director of the club *
    * Julie Anne Quay has agreed to serve as a director of the club, as a representative of the investors *

Changes mean - The clubs Board Now

Neerav Parekh, James Cryne, Jean Cryne [pending EFL approval],
    Julie Anne Quay [pending EFL approval], Khaled El-Ahmad [chief executive officer] &
    Robert Zuk [Finance & operations director]

[ Julie Ann Quay, is the founder & chief executive officer of New York based VFILES foundation ]

Hopefully they can sort out the club, on & off the pitch. [Re-ground improvements]
    In your view ELK what needs improving ground wise ? Where do we start ? The old West stand looks very tired/old but it has history attached to it , particularly the season we reached the Premiership , a general concensus by visiting fans recently showed how much the liked the Stadium eg Original /old school/ proper ground , it definately needs work to some areas of the ground I agree , it's been neglected over the last 5 yrs or so " legal reasons " hopefully all will be resolved soon ?? Meanwhile Congratulations on your Promotion , I hope you have a great season in the Championship , all the Best ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    In your view ELK what needs improving ground wise ? Where do we start ? The old West stand looks very tired/old but it has history attached to it , particularly the season we reached the Premiership , a general concensus by visiting fans recently showed how much the liked the Stadium eg Original /old school/ proper ground , it definately needs work to some areas of the ground I agree , it's been neglected over the last 5 yrs or so " legal reasons " hopefully all will be resolved soon ?? Meanwhile Congratulations on your Promotion , I hope you have a great season in the Championship , all the Best ♥
    Like you said the old west stand needs updating, where's the money to do it up, am I right in saying the Cryne family & Barnsley
    Council own the ground, where the football club is owned by others & the Cryne family.
    Barnsley have had big money into the club in recent years with transfer out goings, fans would say where's the money gone, then
    the club have had a mix match of managers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Like you said the old west stand needs updating, where's the money to do it up, am I right in saying the Cryne family & Barnsley
    Council own the ground, where the football club is owned by others & the Cryne family.
    Barnsley have had big money into the club in recent years with transfer out goings, fans would say where's the money gone, then
    the club have had a mix match of managers.
    The money's gone Eric , the wage bill is currently at £14.6m .

Signings for decent money that haven't come off as yet .

Patrick Schmidt £1m
    Luke Thomas £1.1m
    Herbie Kane £1.2m
    Josh Benson £1.1m
    Leya Iseska £1.3m
    Bambo Diaby £800k

£8m of liabilities are due to be paid within the next 12 months .

A EFL covid loan of £3.5m is due to be paid back within the next 18 months .

A £4m loss on the last set of accounts .

And obviously this season's relegation will cost the club at least £8m .

It wouldn't take a financial genius to conclude we are in the shyte which is why Lee , Conway and Grace Hung were ousted from the board in a boardroom coup .

They remain as major shareholders but have lost control of the decision making , shareholders just that .

It remains to be seen what occurs this summer but Thursday's events are a huge step in the right direction in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The money's gone Eric , the wage bill is currently at £14.6m .

Signings for decent money that haven't come off as yet .

Patrick Schmidt £1m
    Luke Thomas £1.1m
    Herbie Kane £1.2m
    Josh Benson £1.1m
    Leya Iseska £1.3m
    Bambo Diaby £800k

£8m of liabilities are due to be paid within the next 12 months .

A EFL covid loan of £3.5m is due to be paid back within the next 18 months .

A £4m loss on the last set of accounts .

And obviously this season's relegation will cost the club at least £8m .

It wouldn't take a financial genius to conclude we are in the shyte which is why Lee , Conway and Grace Hung were ousted from the board in a boardroom coup .

They remain as major shareholders but have lost control of the decision making , shareholders just that .

It remains to be seen what occurs this summer but Thursday's events are a huge step in the right direction in my opinion .
    I was trying to warn your lads ages ago about these characters Animal, as you'll recall. I used the analogy of the Wizard of Oz, pull the curtain back and it is just an old fraudster, not a frigging wizard. That rubbish about richest owners in the FL was laughable. They're charlatans. To be fair to you I think you started to see the reality quite early but there are other BFC fans who still genuinely think they have some type of billionaire benefactors at the helm.

The board re-structing is a "season ticket sale" charade in my opinion pal.

Nobody has a crystal ball (least of all me) but I dont get the impression that you've bottomed out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    I was trying to warn your lads ages ago about these characters Animal, as you'll recall. I used the analogy of the Wizard of Oz, pull the curtain back and it is just an old fraudster, not a frigging wizard. That rubbish about richest owners in the FL was laughable. They're charlatans. To be fair to you I think you started to see the reality quite early but there are other BFC fans who still genuinely think they have some type of billionaire benefactors at the helm.

The board re-structing is a "season ticket sale" charade in my opinion pal.

Nobody has a crystal ball (least of all me) but I dont get the impression that you've bottomed out yet.
    I think Grumps a fair few of our fans were taken in including myself .

The instant return to the championship under Stendel was in large due to fact Pat Cryne left the then new ownership in a very good financial place .

Debt free and £5m in the bank with some very good players who'd fallen short in the championship but found their feet in league one and have since gone on to have very good careers at other clubs in the championship or in Ethan Pinnock's case the PL .

The ownership also enjoyed a huge slice of fortune staying up the following year , unprecedented to say the least .

Fortunate to play last season in a covid season with a HC who found a way to over achieve massively with a style of football nobody could counter despite having very average players .

This season the chickens came home to roost and all it took was some departures and an extremely poor summer transfer window for the whole show to go completely tyts up .

And I do mean tyts up , absolutely woeful .

There's little doubt in my mind had those three remained as decision makers and directors we were heading towards a level we've not experienced since the mid 70's , possibly worse than that potentially .

For that alone I'm thankful they've gone but as you've alluded to the damage of last season still remains .

Interesting summer ahead .

Congrats to your team Grumps , a superb season and very well done .

As for S6 , my heart bleeds purple pyss .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

Congrats to your team Grumps , a superb season and very well done .

As for S6 , my heart bleeds purple pyss .

Cheers.

And, yes, on that we agree :-)

It says it all really that the new owner/chairman, has assured us that results on the pitch will be our main objective again, from now on.
    And remember as well that the other lot just verbally peed all over our 5th placed Play off season. Saying it wasn't a success for them because it didn't earn them any profits from player sales.

Now with (former) owners like that, who needs enemies ehh!!. Proof if it were needed, that they din't have a clue and also din't give a toss. 😬

I've thought right from the beginning that the club take over was a property related move, ie to demolish Oakwell for housing and to build a new ground in the Dearne Valley.

China has restrictions on currency leaving the country but there are few restrictions on property acquisitions.

Yes the Council has a say on Oakwell's use but if presented with a financial " basket case" they could be forced into agreeing the sale and demolition of the ground.

World events particularly covid has put a spanner in the works but in my view it's still a possible outcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast