+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sagittarius A

Sagittarius A

Amazing pictures of the gigantic "Black hole" in our Milky Way galaxy. Apparently some 40 million times the mass of our sun! When I see things like this it sort of puts things into perpective and certainly gives me pause for thought about our own relevance in the grand scheme of things as we spin round on our own little blue sphere

I love space but the whole “Black Hole” stuff does my head in.

I think a lot a guesswork is going in with regards to these.

The premise that nothing can be emitted from them including light seems farcical.

For all we know these so called “Holes” could be giant alien spaceships in stealth mode.

There is stuff that we will never discover the answer to before we become extinct and whilst I’m all for exploration of our universe, I must admit these wild eyed nutters on space programmes who start mind f u c k I n g us all with wild theories do tend to do my head in.

All I know is that once up on a time I wasn’t here and had no thoughts and in a maximum of another 40 years I won’t be here again and won’t have any thoughts on anything.

I’m not mad ch more than a 100-120 years nobody will have any direct memory of me even if my grandchildren live to be over 100 and in 200 years I wont even be spoken about ever again.

It does seem like a meaningless joke at times.

I think all the recent discoveries in science point to a very small knowledge base that we have, of all things around us.
    Just ove 120 years ago, physics chemist thought they only had to dot the Is' and T's about chemistry.

Same in physics...and within a year clever Mr Einstein was about to unseat Newtonian universal view with his own

I don't see death as having the last day in matter...but that's a whole other story.....

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    Amazing pictures of the gigantic "Black hole" in our Milky Way galaxy. Apparently some 40 million times the mass of our sun! When I see things like this it sort of puts things into perpective and certainly gives me pause for thought about our own relevance in the grand scheme of things as we spin round on our own little blue sphere
    Our relevance is relevant only to ourselves. Nature only requires us to reproduce, nothing else. Your profession, income, lifestyle and possessions are totally irrelevant to nature.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Our relevance is relevant only to ourselves. Nature only requires us to reproduce, nothing else. Your profession, income, lifestyle and possessions are totally irrelevant to nature.
    Unless or until our life style impinges on nature herself.
    Then it becomes relevant for humanity to understand or continue in ignorance.
    Choice is up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    Unless or until our life style impinges on nature herself.
    Then it becomes relevant for humanity to understand or continue in ignorance.
    Choice is up to you.
    Which our lifestyles already have, and nature has a remarkable way of protecting itself by making species go extinct.
    We are no different to all the other species that have gone before us apart from treating the planet like a tip.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Which our lifestyles already have, and nature has a remarkable way of protecting itself by making species go extinct.
    We are no different to all the other species that have gone before us apart from treating the planet like a tip.
    We are different......there is no other species on the planet that can do so much damage like humans.....
    We are a very different species then the rest, for sure....look around.....

Don't doubt for a moment that just because we now have the technology to get such pictures that we are even close to really understanding these things. Theories are all well and good and based on various mathematical and scientific extrapolations but just a bit harder at the moment to claim any empirical knowledge! As a kid brought up in the so called "space age" I've just had a long standing interest in the subject. As for its relevance to ourselves, I guess time will tell?

‘Time will tell’, yes, time has always been the concept that has interested me. It seems strange that our understanding of time is based on the time it takes for our planet to go around our star, on observations made hundreds years ago. We run our lives on our concept and measurement of time but does the Universe work according to those observations? I have always believed that there is a stunning discovery to be made regarding time that will alter the way perceive the Universe. I’m not expecting to be amazed by such a revelation in my lifetime, though! Maybe in my next ‘lifetime’?

Maybe Marvel has it right with their "multiverse" concept!😀 (I know, it's hardly an original thought inc Plato's cave and and all that)

Space and Time are fascinating subjects but quite complex to say the least! Every time I attempt to wrestle with Hawkins' "Brief History of Time" I end up feeling like that character from Monty Python with the knotted hankie on his head: "my brain hurts!" 😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)