+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Thank Fek It's the last game of a dreadful Season Match Thread V St Midden

Summed up our season.

Our goal might have stood, but it might have been handball against McRorie.
    Stonewall penalty bizarrely turned over.
    St. Mirren boy who had already been booked continues to foul like fvck.
    Not one of our players looked like scoring from open play.
    ST already purchased for next year. We go again.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Kennedy denies donsdaft a bottle of wine by blasting 10 yards over in the final minute.
    Bet you didn't really think you were on a winner, when he got the ball and did that slow-motion step over, that ball was going to end up in the back of the net...it was either going way over or he'd have passed it back to a midfielder who'd have passed it back etc etc and Joe Lewis would have had the ball at his feet.

Had no idea that we would finish the season so badly. Normally when a new manager comes in there is a bit of a lift a little momentum gathers.
    Unfortunately for us we had absolutely nothing. Players being released contracts withdrawn, telling players early on that they are not staying. I am not sure this was the best way to motivate a team but it didn’t work.
    I am now trying to see how we can recruit the number of players expected to be recruited and have any chance of cohesion and gel as a squad and team. I was optimistic when JG was confirmed but I have seen very little to give me any confidence going into next season. He was saying he was a hands on manager who likes to take the training, which is fine but I did not see any sort of improvement during his time so far.
    I hope we can improve next season and I am sure he will bring in a good few players., because if this season was a few games longer we could have been in serious trouble. I am willing to give him a season to see what he can do with a pre season and transfer window behind him. Let’s hope it works out.

Quote Originally Posted by dons8321 View Post
    Bet you didn't really think you were on a winner, when he got the ball and did that slow-motion step over, that ball was going to end up in the back of the net...it was either going way over or he'd have passed it back to a midfielder who'd have passed it back etc etc and Joe Lewis would have had the ball at his feet.
    So near and yet so far.

Well thank fu ck this season is over with, although I felt we played better today, but we really aren't a very good team/squad.

Sad to see Andy go and he proved today he is the best defender at the club and he is now gone.

Watkins isn't a striker, but he is a good player if used in the right way, which wasn't today and will he fit into Goodwins plans for next season? That I am not sure on, but wouldn't be surprised to see him gone over the summer.

Going to be a huge summer for us and I am excited for next season to come around already and get to see the new players we are undoubtedly going to have at the club come in over the coming weeks, I just hope that we announce things soon signing wise, be good to get a couple of players in soon.

I am just thankful that the 2021-2022 is now officially over with.

On the departure of Conso, the 1’13” video on Red TV of him discussing his career is worth the 60 quid annual tariff on its own, with Tosher’s honest insight to mental health issues just as valuable.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345