+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The old, and the new board of directors

The old, and the new board of directors

Reading the club statement about the change in directors …… I read it as PMG only held a small number of shares but represented a consortium of other investors.
    Paul Conway and Chien Lee possibly didn’t own any personal shares.

The people that did own the shares have got together with Neeerav and James and decided that Paul Conway and Lee Chien should no longer represent the consortium of investors.

If that’s right …… then the big question is ……. who are these other investors?

Whoever they are they have now appointed JAQ to represent them.
    Which in itself is a strange decision.
    A fashion designer from New York !?!?!
    Not really someone who would blend in at the Chennels.

So we have a new board.
    I’m not supposing Jean Cryne and JAQ will have much input.
    Zuk is only there to report the numbers.

So that leaves 3 others - two of them, James and Neerav who reportedly get on well, are both deeply interested in maths and statistics.
    Which bodes well for recruitment.

The only person with football knowledge is Khaled - who is new to the English game.
    So IMO - this isn’t a fully functioning board - we need more football knowledge on the board.
    We need a Maurice Watkins type.
    A person that didn’t know all that much about football - but certainly knew many people that did.
    I’m sure the Cryne family would agree with that.

Bye bye Mr handshake.

Quote Originally Posted by hemsy_phil View Post
    bye bye mr handshake.
    nice 1 🚷🚷🚷

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Reading the club statement about the change in directors …… I read it as PMG only held a small number of shares but represented a consortium of other investors.
    Paul Conway and Chien Lee possibly didn’t own any personal shares.

The people that did own the shares have got together with Neeerav and James and decided that Paul Conway and Lee Chien should no longer represent the consortium of investors.

If that’s right …… then the big question is ……. who are these other investors?

Whoever they are they have now appointed JAQ to represent them.
    Which in itself is a strange decision.
    A fashion designer from New York !?!?!
    Not really someone who would blend in at the Chennels.

So we have a new board.
    I’m not supposing Jean Cryne and JAQ will have much input.
    Zuk is only there to report the numbers.

So that leaves 3 others - two of them, James and Neerav who reportedly get on well, are both deeply interested in maths and statistics.
    Which bodes well for recruitment.

The only person with football knowledge is Khaled - who is new to the English game.
    So IMO - this isn’t a fully functioning board - we need more football knowledge on the board.
    We need a Maurice Watkins type.
    A person that didn’t know all that much about football - but certainly knew many people that did.
    I’m sure the Cryne family would agree with that.
    JAQ may have skills and expertise that could possibly transfer to this club in a non footballing sense .

Off the top of my head residing in the borough is one of the biggest online fashion retailers in the world , possible sponsorship and advertising deal potential there .

If JAQ is well known in the fashion world then ASOS connecting with her would I imagine have some very good potential business advantages for ASOS and the club .

She doesn't sound like the type of women given her background that's here to just sit around a boardroom table chewing on a pencil .

I'm going to put Khaled to the test , I'm firing off an email on Monday and I'm going to ask him his thoughts on a fan representative on the new board of directors .

How he replies will determine much in my opinion .

I'll obviously let posters know what he has to say in due course .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'm going to put Khaled to the test , I'm firing off an email on Monday and I'm going to ask him his thoughts on a fan representative on the new board of directors .

How he replies will determine much in my opinion .

I'll obviously let posters know what he has to say in due course .
    That is a good suggestion Animal.

As long as the voting is not restricted to Supporters Trust members and candidates have not to be either the leader of the Supporters Trust or the owner of BBS.

Be careful, you don't want to upset them too much!. They might end up losing their nice and fluffy privileges and free car parking spaces etc. 😂