+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Quote Originally Posted by ToonsClock4am View Post
    Going back rarely works. Shinnie was ok, that's about it. Far too many needless fouls which led to bookings. Has he kicked on at all in his career since the Dons? Big no from me regardless. Time to look forward, not back. Hopefully another new manager search is well under way this time next week.
    I think Shinnie deserves a wee bit more credit than just being ok for us , he was sorely missed when he left . I do agree that going back very rarely works out though . As far as his career after us goes I’m pretty sure he was highly regarded at Derby but they had no option but to sell him /release him due to financial difficulties.

Shinnie would still do a job. But we need a Hedges type mid player more than a shinnie type.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Shinnie would still do a job. But we need a Hedges type mid player more than a shinnie type.
    Shinnie did well for us, though he lacked composure at times, but he always drove the team forward with a sense of urgency which set the tone for others in the the team. He had pace on the flanks too, with McGinn and Hayes, and Rooney to knock the goals in. That team was decent without being great.

Those days are long gone - now we are completely shyte and far short of decent, unfortunately - don’t go back in for former players based on how we remember them. Every dog has its day!

Chiedozie Ogbene apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Chiedozie Ogbene apparently.
    25 yrs old. Right Wingback. " Lightning speed ". And full Irish Internationalist. has been know to score goals.

Replacement for C. Ramsey.

Good start ? Stir in J. McGrath , coming back all humble from Wigan.
    Thon other Irish boy at Smirren , on loan from Wolves ?

Now we just need to think up another Irish Striker and and another Irish Centreback ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    25 yrs old. Right Wingback. " Lightning speed ". And full Irish Internationalist. has been know to score goals.

Replacement for C. Ramsey.

Good start ? Stir in J. McGrath , coming back all humble from Wigan.
    Thon other Irish boy at Smirren , on loan from Wolves ?

Now we just need to think up another Irish Striker and and another Irish Centreback ?
    Did you hear the rumour re Ogbene also?

No. Just read your post .

Ticks all the boxes though,eh ?

May well be on the radar of a bunch of championship sides , with more wages to splash though ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    No. Just read your post .

Ticks all the boxes though,eh ?

May well be on the radar of a bunch of championship sides , with more wages to splash though ?
    Tottaly ticks all the boxes.
    Well Rotherham are up to the championship so he'll probably stay there. Or like you say other championship clubs will be on for him.

I'm not a lover of players coming back, but would have Shinnie in a heartbeat. We need someone like him to lead the team, but very unlikely though.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I'm not a lover of players coming back, but would have Shinnie in a heartbeat. We need someone like him to lead the team, but very unlikely though.

Agreed on both points. We need a leader and someone who will drive our team on. Bar possibly Hayes, we have no leaders. Someone needs to rile up our team. Shinnie could be that man.

Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast