+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

A manager should be judged by his results. Currently this league campaign he has a 50% win ratio…and the same in losses. His overall as Dons boss isn’t great but hopefully we as a club will improve dramatically. I don’t like a slow process where we have to just plod along making a bit improvement here and there. We need a big improvement quickly. I was happy with some of our display against St.Mirren (majority) but far from impressed when the chips were down against Celtic at Parkhead. Good to see we have added someone who looks like he is a player in the middle of the pitch. I don’t like the look of McCrorie and Ramadani together. Clarkson and Ramadani would be my choice by what I have seen so far.

RJ
    By your calculations he has 100% win rate in cups though 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    RJ
    By your calculations he has 100% win rate in cups though 🤔
    Currently he has…but that was the only percentage that was acceptable anyway

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Whilst I am sure not all of our new players will work out well, I do hope the days of signings like Curtis Main are behind us.
    That probably depends on finances and our ability to consistently sell on players for huge profits. It's no coincidence we are paying transfer fee's as opposed to being limited to whoever happens to be out of contract. Even £100k for someone like Roberts appeared outwith our budget. Maybe covid losses prevented us using the McKenna cash for anything other than paying more in wages...or maybe it was Milne being a tight airse (if that was still him in charge) but it was no where near what we brought in this summer either way.

We need a conveyer belt of talent, or that combined with these young signings giving us a significant return (at some point) if we are to keep the speculating to accumulate.

Aberdeen's Callum Roberts out for up to 10 weeks after St Mirren injury - Jim Goodwin
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62511479

That's shyte.

Gives Ryan Duncan the opportunity he deserves.
    Either him of the other young guy from Fleetwood.
    Does Roberts have previous injury issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Gives Ryan Duncan the opportunity he deserves.
    Either him of the other young guy from Fleetwood.
    Does Roberts have previous injury issues?
    Yep, saw quite a few Notts County fans commenting on him being injury prone. Not sure if it's the same type of injury recurring but I've got a bad feeling that he'll be crocked more often than not. At least we've got plenty of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Yep, saw quite a few Notts County fans commenting on him being injury prone. Not sure if it's the same type of injury recurring but I've got a bad feeling that he'll be crocked more often than not. At least we've got plenty of options.
    If it doesn’t work out, I suspect Del has his eye on him for Kilmarnock!? 😅

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Aberdeen's Callum Roberts out for up to 10 weeks after St Mirren injury - Jim Goodwin
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62511479

That's shyte.
    What a set back for the lad after just joining recently. A shame but hopefully he recovers sooner rather than later so he can show why he was signed.

i'm nae very good with names at the best of times, but with all these new signings I haven't a bloody clue who's who?

I thought it was the full back who was out.

If this is a hamstring, and there's history of injuries, then this signing may well be a dud.
    How long was the contract we gave him?

Page 72 of 82 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast