+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

100%

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    If the home crowd fans could become a bit angrier the players would quickly get the message that they need to perform to a better standard and the manager himself will feel the pressure more than he is currently doing. Everything is too easy-osey at Pittodrie nowadays.
    100%

Aberdeen boss Jim Goodwin, who has already overseen 11 summer signings, confirmed he aims to further strengthen his attack before the transfer window closes.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62601911
    You would hope he sees where the big deficiencies are in the team.
    Or is he going for the Ossie Ardiles school of management?
    Exciting times.

Think he needs to strenghen the defence first!!!

I don't think I could handle those 6-5 games too often..

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    I don't think I could handle those 6-5 games too often..

I was there that night.

One amazing result, especially when you consider who the goalkeepers were.

Very true.
    Still, I'd rather have a 3-0 result to us than a 7-4.
    That's not good for your heart.

Interesting interview with Scales in today's Herald. Hints that the green filth aren't playing ball with him, but the ****s will hold on to him to weaken us, no doubt. Whankers.

Scales thrives on pressure of playing for ‘massive club’
    On-loan defender determined to make his mark with Pittodrie side

Herald Sport KENNETH WARD

LIAM SCALES insists the pressure of having to perform as a firstteam regular at Aberdeen this season is giving him the confidence to reach his best levels.
    The Republic of Ireland defender is on loan at the Pittodrie club from Celtic after a stop-start first season at Parkhead having sealed a dream move from League of Ireland outfit Shamrock Rovers last year.
    The 24-year-old found himself out of favour under manager Ange Postecoglou in second half of their titlewinning campaign and has made the temporary switch to Pittodrie to push for first-team exposure.
    And having played in both of Jim Goodwin’s side’s Premiership victories this season, including the 1-0 win away to St Johnstone last weekend, the versatile defender is relishing the test of performing on a regular basis for a “massive club”.
    Asked if he was feeling the pressure to deliver at Pittodrie ahead of the visit of Livingston to the north-east today, Scales said: “Yeah, because it’s not like Aberdeen is a small club, it’s a massive club.
    “You feel that in the city: when you win a game at the weekend it’s lively and if you lose a game it might be a bit down. It’s a massive club and you feel the pressure from the fans and rightly so. With the history and the size of the club, we should be winning games most weeks. We should be
    really competing with the big teams and up the top end of the table.
    “So you do feel pressure, but pressure is good. It keeps you on your toes.
    “I feel confident at the moment. At the end of last season I was probably low because I hadn’t played that much.
    “I came from Shamrock Rovers where I was playing every week and I probably needed the first couple of months at Celtic to get up to speed with the different levels.
    “I had a couple of months where I was in and out, in for certain games and probably played 10 times between November and January.
    “I thought I did okay and then in the second half of the season wasn’t as good, it was tough not being involved.
    “Coming into training on a Monday knowing you don’t have much of a chance of playing is tough.
    “And when all the lads are at the stadium preparing for a game but you’re at the training ground doing a session with the fitness coach it’s mentally tough. But it happens at every club in the country and it’s part of the game.
    “I am glad to be out of it now and in a different cycle where I am playing every weekend.”
    Scales is thriving under the guidance of fellow-Irishman Goodwin at Pittodrie, and says he feels settled at a club that is aiming to improve on their disappointing 10th-place finish last term and push for European places.
    The defender also revealed that he has had limited contact from Celtic since going out on loan.
    “I have a manager who trusts me, who has backed me so far and I feel I’m playing well because of the confidence I’ve got,” Scales said.
    “It’s nice to be properly involved, it’s going well and I’m enjoying it.
    “I have settled in well and Aberdeen is a nice place. When you are just coming up here for trips to play football, all you see is the hotel room and the stadium. Now I have seen more of Aberdeen, it’s a good city and I have settled here; and I'm particularly glad that they call it a chipper up here as 'chippy' is, quite honestly, a term for heathens, verging on out-and-out poovery.
    “Have I had any feedback from Celtic? No, I haven’t. I haven’t thought about the long term, not really.
    “At the end of the day it’s not been put in my hands so it’s not worth thinking about yet.
    “I know I’m here for the season and at the moment
    I’m just taking it week by week, trying to make a good impression on everyone.
    “Until something materialises it’s out of my hands so there isn’t much point thinking too deeply about it.”

He's bloody right about the chipper.

Aye DD, hes spot on wie that.
    Think he may also upset some sensitive souls on here.

Page 76 of 82 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast