+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Is that our summer recruitment drive over then?
    Cannot recall so many players coming in over the close season.
    Quietly optimistic.

Still no allocation of the 6 and 7 shirts though. Maybe they’re being held back for Tommy Wilson and Billy Little making their comebacks in the January window.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Is that our summer recruitment drive over then?
    Cannot recall so many players coming in over the close season.
    Quietly optimistic.
    I would be amazed if we didn't sign another left footed defender that can provide cover at centre back and left back given injury to Coulson could see him out for a while

I wonder what that guy Considine is doing these days

St Mirren started with Curtis Main up front for them yesterday and when you watch him play you can easily see where we went wrong with our recruitment over the previous few years. Whilst I don't think he was the worst striker to ever play for us, he really shouldn't have been anywhere near our club if we did have any ambition.

Whilst I am sure not all of our new players will work out well, I do hope the days of signings like Curtis Main are behind us.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    St Mirren started with Curtis Main up front for them yesterday and when you watch him play you can easily see where we went wrong with our recruitment over the previous few years. Whilst I don't think he was the worst striker to ever play for us, he really shouldn't have been anywhere near our club if we did have any ambition.

Whilst I am sure not all of our new players will work out well, I do hope the days of signings like Curtis Main are behind us.
    Curtis Main was a classic McInnes signing, "If he done well against us, he must be good!"

Add Greg Stewart to that list too...

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    Curtis Main was a classic McInnes signing, "If he done well against us, he must be good!"

Add Greg Stewart to that list too...
    There was also the fact with McInnes, that even when they were decent palyers. /Once signed he tried to make them play outwith their natural position and abilities ?

Greg Stewart played well for several other clubs against us in his best postion. Not stuck out wide as a wingback ?

Curtis Main mind, I certainly give you that .....!!

As you know, I certainly wasn’t the biggest fan of The Anchor Man…but he certainly has more credibility as a manager of Aberdeen FC than anyone who has currently replaced him.

Ach, come on min. Goodwin took over a side which was piss poor, and wi nae option tae change personnel.

What's that classic phrase again, widely used on here? .... Oh aye ...

"Ye can only pish wi' the cock ye hiv"

Tae me, it seems fair, when assessin' Goodwin's relative success, tae dismiss the results o' last season and judge him on the team he is assemblin - in ONE transfer windae.

Based on the 6 competitive games so far, albeit against lower level opposition, we're lookin' at an 83% win rate .... Will that last? Maybe nae - so ffs .... enjoy it while it lasts ... cos, ken? ... maybe it will

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    Ach, come on min. Goodwin took over a side which was piss poor, and wi nae option tae change personnel.

What's that classic phrase again, widely used on here? .... Oh aye ...

"Ye can only pish wi' the cock ye hiv"

Tae me, it seems fair, when assessin' Goodwin's relative success, tae dismiss the results o' last season and judge him on the team he is assemblin - in ONE transfer windae.

Based on the 6 competitive games so far, albeit against lower level opposition, we're lookin' at an 83% win rate .... Will that last? Maybe nae - so ffs .... enjoy it while it lasts ... cos, ken? ... maybe it will
    How come cock is allowed but nine**** isn’t ?

Come on RJ. I thought Goodwin was a lazy lazy by Cormack choice but the best choice out of the names being banded about at the time. As NaeMairNeeps says surely you canna judge him on last season? He's done ok so far this season and completely revamped the team and squad. Time will tell regarding his signings as they wont all work out but surely to goodness you need to cut him some slack and get behind him for now. No???

Page 71 of 82 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast