+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

They'll get everything handed to them but we need to be ready for the fight at the first whistle.

Well Hancock wont be in back line.
    On AFC site out to Arbroath on loan for season, but hopefully a clause to allow recall in January.They a devent team, decent level so hope this works out.
    Might be to get him games at left CH that he wouldnt get here.
    Bit dissapointed, hoped he would get chance and break through this season and with McKenzie continually being injured, need cover.

Need to get Hancock on longer contract, signed until Jan 2023 according to AFC site

I guess with Hancock going out on loan, that another player will be coming in...

Arbroath will be a good test for him, playing regularly against decent pros.

Maybe fact AFC not putting team into reserve league is main factor behind loaning out of players.
    If it means our next batch can get valuable experience playing for teams like Arbroath, Raith etc who will be expected to be challenging at top end of league and the expectations an pressures that brings, then great.
    Surely that is a better education than against other youngsters.
    But.. I think Hancock looked ready now.

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    Maybe fact AFC not putting team into reserve league is main factor behind loaning out of players.
    If it means our next batch can get valuable experience playing for teams like Arbroath, Raith etc who will be expected to be challenging at top end of league and the expectations an pressures that brings, then great.
    Surely that is a better education than against other youngsters.
    But.. I think Hancock looked ready now.
    Looking ready against the teams we've played so far might not be the best indicator though. If Mackenzie is still the preferred choice when fit, that would limit Hancock's opportunities too. Maybe he's so good we don't want to show him off in the top flight before we get him on a longer contract. Might be overthinking that last part. 🤔😁

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    I guess with Hancock going out on loan, that another player will be coming in
    Depends which position you mean. Mackenzie, Coulson, Hayes...and at a push Scales can all play left back. With Bates gone that's us really tight for centre backs.

i think somebody in Warsaw has been reading Aberdeen Mad.

Right DD, from now on David Bates is a wonderful talented, tactically astute player 😉

Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast