+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer 2022 thread!

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    i'm nae very good with names at the best of times, but with all these new signings I haven't a bloody clue who's who?

I thought it was the full back who was out.

If this is a hamstring, and there's history of injuries, then this signing may well be a dud.
    How long was the contract we gave him?
    Yes it's tough keeping track of the signings from the lower leagues in englandshire. Roberts is the attacking midfielder/winger signed from Notts County on a three year deal (Coulson is the injured fullback on loan from middlesboro). I had a quick look but couldn't really find much info on him being injury prone - he played 39 games last season so no issue last year anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    If it doesn’t work out, I suspect Del has his eye on him for Kilmarnock!? 😅
    If he doesn't get a good run of games due to injuries, that'll be his level. He needs to be playing regularly, he had a delayed start to his career but needs to kick on now. It's a shame for the lad and us, sounded like he would have given us something different and if he could cut it in the SPL an exciting player.

Wingers and iffy hammys is a worrisome combo.

I wonder if there is enough time to make wholesale changes of the Jim Goodwin squad and bring in far better quality.

Look at me Aberdeen are shyte and I am so happy because I was right.

I only find it amazing idiots like yourself didn’t see it coming.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Also:
    Heading up for my 2nd game of the league season so I expect another resounding victory. Motherwell have went (sic) for the cheap as chips option regarding their new managerial appointment so let’s make them pay for being skinflints. 4-0 Miovski 2 Clarkson 2

I was talking about Goodwin and his ability to improve the squad. I still fully expect us to beat a rookie manager Motherwell but our manager and HIS players got truly shown up.
    Maybe some will start agreeing with me that Goodwin is not of the level required and now fully realise the squad we have assembled look lacking in ideas.
    We all want the Dons to do well and all wish them well but this is getting ridiculous. We are cr@p….so we either accept that or demand change.

Has Goodwin made any tactical changes for the better during a game..

Enforced changes through injury, yes.

His first big decision should be to remove Stewart from the team , never mind from the captains armband.

A captain should be one of the better , if not the best player on the pitch.

Someone who inspires confidence in those around him.

Having a captain who gifts the opposition 90% of the time is shocking !
    When he does pass to our own , it's either to hard to control easily, or peters out before the destination.
    Similar story with the fragile goalie
    Think what the backbone of the team is doing to the confidence of those around them. Weakening effect for sure.

Ramadani looks inconsistent at best & nothing special.
    then there's possible injury prone players..

Big question over our recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I find it amazing that you are so deluded that you think someone like Kjetil Knutsen would contemplate coming here.

The chances are Goodwin will get sacked sooner or later but he is just going to be replaced by a manager of the same level.

Any decent manager out there will have zero interest in coming to us.

Page 73 of 82 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 ... LastLast