+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ian Burchnall Maidenhead press conference

Ian Burchnall Maidenhead press conference

The first question was regarding him being linked with the FGR’s managers job. He answered very cleverly, as he nearly always does to be fair, but he certainly didn’t rule himself out of the running or pledge his future to Notts. I know he has big games coming up and is focusing on them, but I thought it was telling that he didn’t rule the job out.

It’s a big IF….but if we don’t get promoted this year we could not only lose Wootton, Roberts, Rodrigues, Sam, Brinds, Palmer and possibly Cameron but also our manager too….how big a job would it be to rebuild our squad for another push next season. Could we even expect to push for promotion after such a rebuild?

I think when looked at this way it makes this playoff campaign even more significant because if we do go up I’d expect all of those names to stay put…including Wootton.

He’s not going anywhere … yet.

You know we will bottle it, we always do.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    You know we will bottle it, we always do.
    Until the National League gets an additional automatic promotion place this league will be a nightmare to get out of. The playoffs are a lottery - pure and simple.

This league has so much more quality and cash these days, anything can happen. Gone are the days when there were very few full time teams at this level i.e when Mansfield played here. At present there are just four part time teams in this league and Altrincham are going full time next year...

Quote Originally Posted by pravda_plc View Post
    Until the National League gets an additional automatic promotion place this league will be a nightmare to get out of. The playoffs are a lottery - pure and simple.

This league has so much more quality and cash these days, anything can happen. Gone are the days when there were very few full time teams at this level i.e when Mansfield played here. At present there are just four part time teams in this league and Altrincham are going full time next year...
    Is it time to take the EFL back to the 92 clubs it once was? +20?

I noticed Burchy mentioned the promo word on a couple of occasions in his interview, is that a 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Is it time to take the EFL back to the 92 clubs it once was? +20?

I noticed Burchy mentioned the promo word on a couple of occasions in his interview, is that a 1st?
    Count me in Gumpy !!

P.S. For me the best outside bet for the playoffs winner is Solihull Mors BUT surely their ground is no where near EFL standard. I know they are moving in the relatively near future but they would have to ground share wouldn't they...??
    Last edited by pravda_plc; 14-05-2022 at 12:40 PM.

IB favourite for the FGR job.

Has he got an agent who likes putting his money on candidates for obscure lower league jobs?

https://www.bettingodds.com/news/nex...l-luke-garrard