+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Before we start high fiving

Before we start high fiving

Yep the club in my opinion appears to be in a better place than it was at this time yesterday .

However the carnage caused by Conway and co is still with us , the occupants have left but the stench of the curry and 10 pint night out induced f@rt still resides in the one man tent .

They face a monumental task to repair the damage and anyone expecting a magic wand to appear this summer may be disappointed .

Whether an injection of capital in to the club is on the agenda I don't know but I'd suggest it probably needs to happen asap .

The appointment of a HC who has a solid track record at this level is also a must .

The addition of three or four experienced players is also a priority in my opinion .

Interesting summer ahead but I'm not expecting a huge budget with 12 to 15 high end players arriving either .

The proof is in the pudding.
    Yes - there has to be some repair work done.
    And because of that I hope the new board of directors will not be expecting the door to be knocked off its hinges by fans desperate to buy season tickets.
    Supporters will be trying to form a picture by watching the summer recruits.

Dream on this shyte will take some shifting , and it wont be easy , damage done and repair bill will be costly ,

Yes the financial losses still need to be overcome somehow. This will take time, patience and understanding from our supporters. The mess PMG has made will take some tidying up and then some. Stability is still the name of the game for me next season.

I'd also be looking to replace the CEO personally .

I find the man a very untrustworthy slippery eel and now and not further down the road presents as good an opportunity to get rid in my opinion .

The new structure in the boardroom complete with a new CEO and HC at the earliest opportunity gives us a complete new broom to sweep clean .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I'd also be looking to replace the CEO personally .

I find the man a very untrustworthy slippery eel and now and not further down the road presents as good an opportunity to get rid in my opinion .

The new structure in the boardroom complete with a new CEO and HC at the earliest opportunity gives us a complete new broom to sweep clean .
    Not sure on this one Animal. I can see where you're coming from and your reasons for saying it. However, the CEO has had a difficult job working under Conway and we may not have seen the true Khaled yet. Time will tell.
    What I would say is that given the club's potentially poor financial situation, I would take mediocrity for a few seasons, in the knowledge that the club now has a board that has the club's future at heart. I'm more worried about the influence that Conway and Lee might still have though. That's the main question that I want answered.

In my experience - it wasn’t until Khaled was honest enough to let the cat out of the bag during the infamous Giddings interview that I became aware that there was any problems at the club.

Khaled is here for Khaled - of course he is - BUT, for him to be successful he has to make Barnsley successful.
    I think he will be good for Barnsley given he has guidance from the recruitment team - he appoints a good head coach - AND he has a bit of financial backing from the owners.

What recruitment team they haven't done a good job so far just another set of puppets
    as we all know it definitely needs a new fresh criteria with recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    In my experience - it wasn’t until Khaled was honest enough to let the cat out of the bag during the infamous Giddings interview that I became aware that there was any problems at the club.

Khaled is here for Khaled - of course he is - BUT, for him to be successful he has to make Barnsley successful.
    I think he will be good for Barnsley given he has guidance from the recruitment team - he appoints a good head coach - AND he has a bit of financial backing from the owners.
    It wasn't his honesty that let the cat out of the bag it was his incompetence .

I totally disagree with your assessment of Khaled with respect .

He was part of the problem and potentially still is in my opinion and if I was on the current board he'd have left the club yesterday along with the other three .

We've sailed way too close to oblivion and extremely fortunate to have got rid of the three , AS Nancy are 98% owned by PMG , good luck with that one .

I wouldn't be taking any chances personally with Khaled when he's replaceable and shown nothing worthy of credit .

Whether Khaled was just the mouthpiece, and saying what Conway told him to say etc.
    Theres no doubting that things have not worked out for him as the Ceo, and I wun't be too disappointed if he was also 'moved out!' of the club. 😕

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast