+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The new manager/coach

The new manager/coach

The betting odds at the moment have Devaney at 2/1 favourite, Hasselbaink 4/1 however Big Mick has risen up the odds quickly at 6/1.
    With the board shake up does Big Mick become a real possibility? I personally hope so!
    I certainly don't want Hasselbaink, Devaney to me would be an underwhelming appointment because it would stink of the cheap option again and I don't think he's up to it? Big Mick for me would give the fans someone they know has a real chance of pulling the club back together and a real shot at challenging at the right end of League One!

Depends how the club can repair the damage of last season which is monumental .

With some capital coming in to the club and the binning of the under 24 rule plus a workable budget then Warnock is your man in my opinion .

Big Mick ? No thanks ,

Warnock has theatres booked for shows about his life in football, don’t think he will come out of retirement! For me out of the top 3 in the betting it’s Big Mick for me.
    We are being linked with Luke Molyneaux from Hartlepool a 24 year old striker, apparently he has a choice of 3 clubs who are Interested Derby, Pompey and us?
    Who would you want to play for? Cowley, Rooney or Devaney? You can rule us out now but replace Devaney with McCarthey and we have a chance of him choosing us! Which would be the case with a lot of potential signings!

If the new board want to concentrate fully on the finances and play a longer game then I'd expect to see an appointment that can grow with the club and given a good go .

Stabilise next season , improve the next with the third year mounting a challenge .

A young and upcoming UK coach with teeth cut possibly in the National League or league two .

I fully expect our next HC to be British however I wouldn't rule out Stendel returning either to be honest .

I sincerely hope James and Jean don't push for the return of Lee Johnson which I wouldn't rule out either .

He was very well liked by the Cryne family apparently .

I hope its not Devaney, because as we discussed on here recently, he already has a role with the club and I hope he keeps that one.
    I would only prefer him to get it if I thought they were going down the same cheap unknown foreign route again, which we must stop doing now.
    If Colin Warnock really would have fancied the job this season, I wonder if we really could tempt him with one last job before retirement.
    The challenge ehh, of not only trying to make competitive again in Lg One, but maybe even going for the Play offs. I think it would be an amazing appointment if we got him, even though he is a total Colin. 😂

Funny enough animal Stendel’s odds have come in to 6/1 now! Have you had a punt? Little Lee has gone out to 25/1 from 10/1, Michael Duff has emerged on the scene from 25/1 to 6/1?
    I’d love Stendel back but history usually shows it’s not good to return to a previous post here!
    Hannes Wolf has been out of a job since June 21?