+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ross Coonty- Match Thread

Well done to the players , Tam Coutts and all connected with United getting 4th great achievement. At times its not been pretty or good to watch but still ahead of hibs and sheep who spent more on crap players and you can only compete with what's in front you . Hopefully few signings to take us up a level next season and it could have been lot worse look at the Fun down again one joke of a club .

Aye well done United and Tam Courts. Great support today and a brilliant atmosphere throughout. Was a bit worried there when Mcdonald was being treated after the winner and the piley on with the players and the fans.
    The Tannoy announcer was FAF.🧡🖤

Up the terrors.

Amazing today

Well done to everyone 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

A special team and we go marching on to Europe

Just seen the winner on Sky, looking forward to watching the match tomorrow! Get in there, some support, pictures going out worldwide 👍

WASC 🧡🧡🧡🧡🧡

Well done United, it is great to be back in Europe.

Looking at reports from the various rags, The reporter from the Scottish Sun described the Utd's fans behaviour as "shameful" over the beach balls, bog rolls and flares. Now while it can be argued that flares are dangerous due to the heat it been a thing with just about every club all year round and it a wonder it only now getting mentioned. It a pity they do not have a go at the weekly bile severed up by Old Firm fans.

The Utd fans brought a carnival atmosphere to the game and made the match far more enjoyable to watch. We need more atmosphere at games as a lot can be very flat due to the lack of entertainment on the pitch (This is across most clubs).

I also think the match report was biased towards County which does not reflect my memory of the game.

The article can be found here.

Quote Originally Posted by Arab Eck View Post
    Well done United, it is great to be back in Europe.

Looking at reports from the various rags, The reporter from the Scottish Sun described the Utd's fans behaviour as "shameful" over the beach balls, bog rolls and flares. Now while it can be argued that flares are dangerous due to the heat it been a thing with just about every club all year round and it a wonder it only now getting mentioned. It a pity they do not have a go at the weekly bile severed up by Old Firm fans.

The Utd fans brought a carnival atmosphere to the game and made the match far more enjoyable to watch. We need more atmosphere at games as a lot can be very flat due to the lack of entertainment on the pitch (This is across most clubs).

I also think the match report was biased towards County which does not reflect my memory of the game.

The article can be found here.
    I wonder if the same rag mentioned the outpouring of ‘The Boys Of The Old Brigade’ and ‘Oo Ah Up The ‘Ra’ in Wednesday’s match report. Then again, probably not.

Agree about press reports.
    Biased bunch of arseh*le5 who couldna wait to put the boot in.
    Nae sectarian p1sh, nae abuse towards home fans, nae polis in home end to arrest away fans, leaving the ground tsp the home fans can acknowledge their teams efforts
    But let’s attack they fans.
    The majority is Scottish sports reporters are biased OF maggot’s

Quote Originally Posted by dodetap View Post
    Agree about press reports.
    Biased bunch of arseh*le5 who couldna wait to put the boot in.
    Nae sectarian p1sh, nae abuse towards home fans, nae polis in home end to arrest away fans, leaving the ground tsp the home fans can acknowledge their teams efforts
    But let’s attack they fans.
    The majority is Scottish sports reporters are biased OF maggot’s
    I agree with most of that but there one or two united fans who went over to the County fans in the side stand beside where we were sitting goading them which was utterly pointless as they couldn't really give a phuck , young bairns with there parent's.
    I thought overall our support was superb yesterday and it was a really good game also.🧡🖤

A bit late in the day but finally watched the match. We played some lovely football, that's 2 games in a row and it's not often I've been able to say that!
    We looked balanced, we had crisp passing, very few long pints, we were patient and for the most part composed.
    Way back before a home game v Livi I suggested moving Mulgrew out just in front of the defence, lets just say the idea wasn't well received. With Liam Smith regenerated, McMann back to his best, Ross Graham looking the part and Edwards too, we just look so much better.
    Freeman has come back in with a vengeance, no surprise he got on the end of Watt's cross to send it back into the box for Clark. He really gives us drive and an attacking threat.
    Niskanen too when he's not being asked to play deep, definitely has a big part to play next season. Meekison looks like he's forcing his way in.

It's starting to look like TC was finding the magic formula just as we ran out of games. Which is a good omen really as long as we can strengthen midfield to go again next season. I've spent a lot of time watching us look poor this season, lacking ideas but probably like most fans I'm feeling really positive now 🧡

As long as we get the recruitment right.
    Billy Gilmour and Lawrence Shankland anyone 😎

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)