+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Leeds United - v - Brighton ***Matchday Thread***

Leeds United - v - Brighton ***Matchday Thread***

TEAM NEWS

Leeds have Jack Harrison and Raphinha available despite them both being forced off against Chelsea on Wednesday.

Patrick Bamford could return, but Stuart Dallas, Adam Forshaw and Tyler Roberts are injured and Luke Ayling and Daniel James both suspended.

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has no new injury concerns.

However, they will again be without Jakub Moder, Enock Mwepu and Jeremy Sarmiento.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

Leeds have lost eight of the past 10 league meetings, failing to score in eight of those games.They have not scored in any of their three Premier League matches against Brighton.

The Seagulls have won five of their past seven away league games at Elland Road.

Leeds United

Leeds have lost nine Premier League home games this season, and conceded 37 goals at Elland Road. Only in 1946-47, with 10 defeats, have they lost more, while only in 1959-60 have they conceded more at home in a top-flight campaign - they were relegated at the end of both seasons.

They have lost their final home game in just one of their past 18 top-flight campaigns, with that defeat coming against Spurs in 1995-96.

Leeds are averaging 9.7 shots per league game under Jesse Marsch, compared to 13.7 during Marcelo Bielsa's time in charge this season.

They are the first team in Premier League history to have received 100 cards in a season: 97 yellows and three reds.

The Whites have also committed 440 fouls, more than any other top-flight side this campaign.

Brighton & Hove Albion

Brighton have won four of their last six league games, more than they had managed in their previous 25 attempts.

Only the current top three have earned more Premier League away points than Albion's tally of 28 this season.The nine goals they have scored in their last three league matches is as many as in their previous 14.

They are aiming to win three consecutive league fixtures by at least three goals for the first time since February 1969.

Leandro Trossard has more league goal involvements this season than any other Brighton player, with eight goals and three assists.

Neal Maupay has scored just once in his last 16 league games. He needs one goal to become Brighton's outright leading Premier League goalscorer.

0 - 2. Relegated. ****ed again. If it is to be another 16yrs before our return, I probably won't see it. C'mon Leeds. Prove us wrong. Stay up!

MOT.

This thread should come with a packet of anti depressants.

Not sure I want to put myself through it but no doubt will.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

MOT
    I needed the anti-depressants about 3 weeks ago, I should be placed on some sort of watch list for tommorows game.

I have my Holy Water & Rosary Beads... oh and hip flask full of Powers

Prayer mat - check

Bottle of Whisky - check

etc etc.....

Oz, tell us your not streaming - to save us from it?

Joking. What about Burnley stream too? 😬👍😎

Burnley result finalised before we kick off. They get anything, and I probably won't even bother with us!...given it is 11pm start here. 🤔

If Spurs beat Burnley (which they should) then the pressure will be on us big time...can we handle it???

Not so sure....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

MOT
    Got me superglue and binliner at the ready Rev mate.

Quote Originally Posted by fredlufc74 View Post
    Got me superglue and binliner at the ready Rev mate.
    haha might join you for a quick sniff pal - me feckin guts are doing somersaults and we ain't even kicked off yet

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)