+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Open letter from the reds new chairman

In it it says
    “ sections of our loyal fanbase are questioning their commitment to this great Club.”

What it should say is
    “deadline is fast approaching, and sections of our loyal fanbase are questioning the owners commitment to this great Club”

I’m committed. To not spending my own money… like the owners. Committed to supporting them during a pandemic, for two seasons, two season passes, handful of games……

Whilst Rome burned

I for one thought it was a good letter, not to thick on the grovelling, some acknowledgement of blame and allowing us on the fence a couple of extra weeks to make a decision. Let’s hope they use these weeks wisely. It’s in the Blood I’m afraid has long since thinned out. One point that is often missed is that there are some supporters that fall outside “the people of Barnsley” as a locality , myself included that would appreciate a little appreciation too sometimes. :-)

Nahh your fighting a losing battle there Duk, if you come from West Yorkshire or beyond. 😇

Quote Originally Posted by b1gduk View Post
    I for one thought it was a good letter, not to thick on the grovelling, some acknowledgement of blame and allowing us on the fence a couple of extra weeks to make a decision. Let’s hope they use these weeks wisely. It’s in the Blood I’m afraid has long since thinned out. One point that is often missed is that there are some supporters that fall outside “the people of Barnsley” as a locality , myself included that would appreciate a little appreciation too sometimes. :-)
    Who the appointment of the new HC is Duk will give a major indication of the direction of travel next season in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Who the appointment of the new HC is Duk will give a major indication of the direction of travel next season in my opinion .
    Is it as simple as that though? By that I mean our finances are fecked and will dictate what and who we are able to appoint. If there was no debt and a underwhelming name was appointed then I'd be p1ssed off. Unfortunately we ain't in a good financial position to choose an appointment that would possibly appease us. If tha were a newly married couple both on the minimum wage then tha wunt tek art a mortgage for 250k. It'd be financial suicide and this type of thing has to be taken into consideration. The mess Conway and Lee have left needs a helluva lot of clearing up.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Is it as simple as that though? By that I mean our finances are fecked and will dictate what and who we are able to appoint. If there was no debt and a underwhelming name was appointed then I'd be p1ssed off. Unfortunately we ain't in a good financial position to choose an appointment that would possibly appease us. If tha were a newly married couple both on the minimum wage then tha wunt tek art a mortgage for 250k. It'd be financial suicide and this type of thing has to be taken into consideration. The mess Conway and Lee have left needs a helluva lot of clearing up.
    I take your point Pass but by far wealthiest member of the original consortium remains and he's now chairman .

He's clearly wanting to make an impact along with the new board members .

This is pure speculation on my part but if I was in his shoes with what he's inherited and wanting the support back on side I'd settle the debts caused by the PMG mismanagement and what ever we bring in for the players who want to move on would be the budget for next season .

We can as a league one club go 65% over our turnover as per FFP .

Turnover is the crucial thing here , the more ST's we can shift and sponsorship plus advertising revenue would then be advantageous in Parekh covering the liabilities .

It's imperative in my opinion for the debts run up by PMG are covered whilst the good will and fire is hot narrative exists due to the events of Thursday afternoon .

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the club really need to go for an instant championship return this summer .

I normally take the point it's easy to spend someone else's money but at the same time PMG have spent my money and put us in this mess .

Time for that to be balanced out in my opinion .

Just to add if it was left to me the financial damage caused by Lee and PMG would have to be covered in law by them .

That's not how it works unfortunately in business and shareholders are never liable for the losses other than the value of the shares which can go three ways , up , down and remain at the value they were bought at .

I take your point Pass but by far wealthiest member of the original consortium remains and he's now chairman .

He's clearly wanting to make an impact along with the new board members .

This is pure speculation on my part but if I was in his shoes with what he's inherited and wanting the support back on side I'd settle the debts caused by the PMG mismanagement and what ever we bring in for the players who want to move on would be the budget for next season .

We can as a league one club go 65% over our turnover as per FFP .

Turnover is the crucial thing here , the more ST's we can shift and sponsorship plus advertising revenue would then be advantageous in Parekh covering the liabilities .

It's imperative in my opinion for the debts run up by PMG are covered whilst the good will and fire is hot narrative exists due to the events of Thursday afternoon .

The more I think about it the more I'm convinced the club really need to go for an instant championship return this summer .

I normally take the point it's easy to spend someone else's money but at the same time PMG have spent my money and put us in this mess .

Time for that to be balanced out in my opinion .
    Some very well made points there Animal. Of course its a huge gamble to hold onto our better players, appoint an experienced Head coach, make some decent signings and go all out for promotion. As tha knows there's no guarantees in this game. There's 3 or 4 big hitters that'll be thinking the same. It's all guesswork and speculation at the moment mate as to what their plans are. I suppose we'll get more clarification when the EFL approve the new board members. Perhaps the club can then really set their stall out accordingly and re engage with its bewildered supporters.

Personally I feel like a weight has been lifted and my gut instinct tells me that the new directors are going to run the ship like Pat Cryne did and build on his & his sons plan that was similar to PMG's but not based simply on greed and profit.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Some very well made points there Animal. Of course its a huge gamble to hold onto our better players, appoint an experienced Head coach, make some decent signings and go all out for promotion. As tha knows there's no guarantees in this game. There's 3 or 4 big hitters that'll be thinking the same. It's all guesswork and speculation at the moment mate as to what their plans are. I suppose we'll get more clarification when the EFL approve the new board members. Perhaps the club can then really set their stall out accordingly and re engage with its bewildered supporters.

Personally I feel like a weight has been lifted and my gut instinct tells me that the new directors are going to run the ship like Pat Cryne did and build on his & his sons plan that was similar to PMG's but not based simply on greed and profit.
    Warnock would get us back in the championship at the first time of asking on a £3m budget in my opinion just as long he's no age limit constraints .

If Warnock is announced as the new manager I'm down there the next day handing over my £350 no problem .

Warnock wouldn't take the gig unless he thought he could take us straight back .

Football is risk and reward but this town will back the club once again if they come towards us and show us something .

Warnock would get us back in the championship at the first time of asking on a £3m budget in my opinion just as long he's no age limit constraints .

If Warnock is announced as the new manager I'm down there the next day handing over my £350 no problem .

Warnock wouldn't take the gig unless he thought he could take us straight back .

Football is risk and reward but this town will back the club once again if they come towards us and show us something .

True. 'Ambition is critical' to quote the poet David Hughes and the club needs an Alan Clarke type rejuvenation at this moment in time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast